Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

HK's 1/32 Mosquito-Finished

18 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Beautiful progress with stunning detail! 

Thanks Kai but I need not have worried about the MK IX bombsight I was wondering why it was still present a member on another board informed me it would of been removed.The bombsight does make the front office look complete the pit is in the housing and the tail was assembled last night to which the gear around the tailwheel........?The instructions could still need a little more work or I am to simple of a man :) Kevin

• Like 3

Not alot to show just sub-assemblies I also have the engines painted black only ATTM.The straps on the tanks black/silver?This is one tight fitting kit so much almost scares you and you have to look at the instructions more than twice been lucky to back out more than once.Have you ever heard the story of the Dragon instructions for the Scharnhorst..............?

mosquito 002.JPG

• Like 9

4 hours ago, KevinM said:

Not alot to show just sub-assemblies I also have the engines painted black only ATTM.The straps on the tanks black/silver?This is one tight fitting kit so much almost scares you and you have to look at the instructions more than twice been lucky to back out more than once.Have you ever heard the story of the Dragon instructions for the Scharnhorst..............?

mosquito 002.JPG

Great progress, Kevin! Nearing completion of construction! 

In my eyes silver is the correct color for the straps since they were made from aluminum.

Hoping to see the next progress step soon! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

What's the scoop on the Dragon instructions for the Scharnhorst?

Just very poor in part placement Nice kit extra research was required.This kits instructions on the gear sent me to the books for the tubing forward of the main legs then one part did not look the same at all to what was pictured I give these instructions a B-.;) Kevin

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

In my eyes silver is the correct color for the straps since they were made from aluminum.

Hoping to see the next progress step soon! 

I was thinking the same thing but I have it on good advice they are the interior color the fella is the same he is working the restoration of a Mossie in Canada.;) Kevin

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KevinM said:

I was thinking the same thing but I have it on good advice they are the interior color the fella is the same he is working the restoration of a Mossie in Canada.;) Kevin

Well Kevin, I learned a lot now. There couldn‘t be any other more reliable source than yours! 
Thanks for the Info! 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Shes back on the table figure maybe 2/3 wks biggest part was figuring were I left off.I decided to do zilch with the engines close them up and turn her into a PRU bird with D-day Stripes.;)

Mossie 001.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I have finally got some paint laid boys and I think it looks pretty close to PRU Blue not exact but their seemed to be some variances even back in the day.The first pic wasa Soviet blue but said not quite to much baby blue so looked at some more color chips and pics.The second pic is the same blue with about 25% intermediate blue needed a little grey introduced.The last pic is off the net and we do not if the color has been saturated or not.:hsmack:

Mossie 001.JPG

Mossie 002.JPG

Mosquito_PR_XVI_NS508_Mount_Farm_2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• KevinM changed the title to HK's 1/32 Mosquito-Stripes
  • KevinM changed the title to HK's 1/32 Mosquito-Decaled
  • KevinM changed the title to HK's 1/32 Mosquito-Finished