Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

AMT/Ertl 1/48 A-20G

JohnB

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Fantastic progress on the Havoc - flawless. Love the front office.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. I've come to a point where I can't do any more until the cowlings I ordered show up. Tracking says Friday. Maybe, maybe not. At any rate, I have to have SOMETHING to work on so I'm starting another Tamiya P-51D. I'll have something in WIP shortly. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buckeye82 said:

Can I ask what color do you use for your "black boxes" in the cockpit?  The black I use always looks so stark even after dry brushing.

Mike

I use what I call "Scale Black" which is a mix of MM flat black and flat white. Just enough white to lighten it up a bit. I just eyeball it until I get the shade I want. You don't have to use MM as any brand should do. I just prefer MM. Hope this helps. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

I use what I call "Scale Black" which is a mix of MM flat black and flat white. Just enough white to lighten it up a bit. I just eyeball it until I get the shade I want. You don't have to use MM as any brand should do. I just prefer MM. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks!  I will give that a try.

Mike

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't received the cowlings from seller "perrysmart" on ebay. It shows shipped but where they are now is anybody's guess. Soooo I ordered another set from a different seller. We shall see how that works out. If I wind up with 2 sets that's okay since I have a glass-nosed version also.

• Like 2

I still haven't received either order of the cowlings! Unbelievable! One guy gave me a excuse that just as they were preparing the order they found something "wrong" with the cowlings so had to order more from their vendor. Lame! The other guy has not responded to my emails so it looks like I'll have to file another PayPal claim. More unbelievable!! :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

It is sad john! I ordered mine from England after you started this build. I have had mine for a while now!!!  Would you like me to ship you mine?  The Ebay seller I used was out of England model_hobbies   

I sure do appreciate your offer but I think I'll just wait a little while longer. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Dog said:

If you end up with all three and don't need the third, I will take them off your hands.

I received a refund for the first one so it won't be showing up. I got the other two but will keep them as I also have a glass nosed A-20 I can use one of them on. Thanks anyway!:)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Looking might good - just love your air brush work.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. I expect to finish applying the OD today. Then the camo dark green. Coming right along now!

• Like 2

Painting, except for a little touchup, completed. Paints are MM which I have a love/hate relationship with. The biggest problem with them, at least for me, is the pigment tends to settle out in the paint cup while painting is in progress. Can be a real PITA sometimes. Next step will be a clear gloss overspray in preparation for decaling.

3-22-21 2 001.jpg

• Like 4