The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Takom Renault ft 1/16.....again.

I tend to build my models in showroom or "like new" condition so it's something I appreciate. To me, it's harder to pull off the precision that a clean build requires. A light weathering of course can add quite a bit of life to something too. 

Generally, I find excessively weathered models more distracting. 

Carl

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I tend to build my models in showroom or "like new" condition so it's something I appreciate. To me, it's harder to pull off the precision that a clean build requires. A light weathering of course can add quite a bit of life to something too. 

Generally, I find excessively weathered models more distracting. 

Carl

Sorry if I misunderstood your comment. My reply was a little pathetic and I'm sorry for that. I also like my models to look clean. the tank I'm modeling will be a Brazilian ft as delivered in 1920 or thereabouts. I may put this build aside as I am really tempted to build that Meng Char 2c or my Takom British Mk  IV Male tank.

Paul.

• Like 3

Today I added the metal pipe that holds the spark plug wires. I made this

from brass tube and used jb weld kwik to attach it to the engine. I painted it. with

Ak bronze. I also used Tamiya black panel line highlighter in a few places. I plan to 

add spark plug wires but I haven't decided how I'm going to do this right now. I have some lead wire but I may buy some braided fishing line.

IMG_20210210_1222569_rewind_kindlephoto-55022024.jpg

IMG_20210210_1223163_rewind_kindlephoto-54981970.jpg

IMG_20210210_1229483_rewind.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks great there Paul. 

For the spark plug wires, check out ones made for model cars. I'm not sure where you are but BNA Modelworld, Hobbyeasy, SpotModels all usually carry an assortment of styles and diameters, including braided ones. 

Carl

Thanks. I just ordered some braided line from Amazon. It's .012" thick. I was going to use

.O15" lead wire. I ordered silver, but I figured I could paint it before adding it to the model.

I figured I could use medium CA to glue it to the spark plugs using a little accelerator to

help things along.

Paul

• Like 4

• belugawhaleman changed the title to Takom Renault ft 1/16.....again.
7 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

UMM is a dangerous website. They have so many cool and neat tools one could really make their wallet cry. 

Yes, I noticed that ! I saw a lot of tempting stuff there, including a punch for punching

hex shapes, I never heard of such a thing.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, my model building endeavors have been put on hold

this week because my mother was hospitalized for trouble with her

gallbladder. Yesterday, she had surgery to remove the gallbladder, and is

now doing well. I'll get back this build when I can. The braided fishing line

I'll use for the wiring arrived on Monday. It looks like it might work out ok.

• Like 2

Very nice start on the.Takom Renault. Like Carl, almost all my builds are in mostly a clean finish as I view my display case as a miniature museum. For me. weathered builds beyond light use, need to be in a vignette at the last to allow them to tell the story they are portraying and why they are displayed weathered. Just my two cents worth

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2021 at 8:47 PM, harv said:

Punch set. I believe i got it from UMM USA.....harv

Harv

I'm ashamed to admit, I've been using the same Waldron punch set since the mid 1970's and still performs beautifully, can't believe I still have it but back in those days, except for some Verlinden unknown resin, Waldon seatrbelt. buckles, there was no PE and no tools to speak of.

Peter

• Like 2