Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Voroshilovets 1/35 tractor.

Just applied a clear gloss coat and the color deepened a bit. Looks better.

There are only two small decals.......small red triangles.  Next, I'll paint the tires

On the road wheels, do the Friulmodel tracks,and then final assembly. A quick

satisfying build so far.

• Like 4

Looks great so far!  The nice thing about going a little light on the color is that it helps you from going too dark after weathering, and allows you to darken areas and play with shadows.

• Like 6

Nearing completion

Installed half the road wheels and the decals. Still in gloss coat. Excited about the Fruilmodel tracks; will they be fun to assemble or tedious repetition ,like painting the

tires on the wheels? I noticed that the windows assemble from the outside into recesses

around the outside of the window frames. I think the only way to glue these would be some of the canopy glue I have. But I'm wondering if the glue might still be visible when dried. Would it be best to thin the glue before applying? Anyway, some pictures.

DSCN0080_kindlephoto-25650819.jpg

DSCN0079_kindlephoto-25517085.jpg

• Like 7

On 5/11/2021 at 5:37 PM, harv said:

Looking very good !......harv:popcorn:

Thanks;

I started working on the Fruilmodel tacks. These are nice. I've made one side. About 70

Links. They required no clean-up, but I did run a .5mm drill through each link. It's time consuming to assemble these, but it's not as tedious as I thought it would be. They look

Pretty good.

• Like 3

The tractor is looking great. I have a soft spot for strange looking vehicles too and sometimes thought about building one. If you are planning to blacken the Friul's chemically, it's best to clean them with some alcohol and a brush before. When soaking in the bath, it's a good idea to move them, as the process produces bubbles, which will hinder the blackening at the spot. The end result looks better than painted tracks, it has the perfect black brown hue and with a petite rub you have some metal shining through.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DocRob said:

The tractor is looking great. I have a soft spot for strange looking vehicles too and sometimes thought about building one. If you are planning to blacken the Friul's chemically, it's best to clean them with some alcohol and a brush before. When soaking in the bath, it's a good idea to move them, as the process produces bubbles, which will hinder the blackening at the spot. The end result looks better than painted tracks, it has the perfect black brown hue and with a petite rub you have some metal shining through.

Cheers Rob

Thanks, but I chose a simpler approach. Since I decided not to do much weathering on my tractor, I sprayed the tracks with Testers non buffing metalizer  gun metal which gave

A nice blackish finish. After this dried, I used a q-tip soaked with liquid plastic cement to

remove the paint from the high spots exposing the bare metal underneath. I think it looks

OK. The tracks are on the model now. On my next model with metal tracks, I'll do the same,but I'll try a light rust wash. This will be the Trumpeter PT-76.

• Like 5