The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Takom Panzerkampfwagen I 1/16 scale... with figure

Great tutorial, like Kai said. The cobbles look, well, -cobbly-, meaning perfectly uneven, like these ancient Berlin roads, I used to hate, when I was a bicycle messenger as a student. The woodwork on the frame looks the part too.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Great looking model base Gary and thanks for the tutorial how to build it!

This will be a perfect presentation when finished.

Thank you Kai!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Great tutorial, like Kai said. The cobbles look, well, -cobbly-, meaning perfectly uneven, like these ancient Berlin roads, I used to hate, when I was a bicycle messenger as a student. The woodwork on the frame looks the part too.

Cheers Rob

Thank you, Rob.  They will need some sanding...   some of them are far higher than the others.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, harv said:

Looks fantastic my friend ! Weathering is top shelf.....harv

7 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

Your dio base is looking so good and the way you are going about it, it's nearly bomb proof.

Nothing seems to daunt you from the task at hand

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thank you, Fellas.  Not sure about bomb proof, Peter.  I have my doubts whenever it comes to gluing stuff with PVA.  Whilst the cobbles adhered very well to the beech, I'm hoping that they'll al least not come off while I'm leveling a bit with sand paper and a block.  PVA is still Elmer's in my head.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

On the last day of a build, I celebrate by throwing away the box and anything I don;t want to keep for spares.  The decals were horrible...  so I even pitched them.

Without further ado...  the B&W preview.  I'll do a color RFI once the proper base is completed.

P1013873.JPG

P1013874.JPG

P1013875.JPG

P1013876.JPG

P1013877.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Great build Gary!

With the right background and the finished base it would look like the real thing.

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

Awesome work .. your Panzerkampfwagen was an amazing build and all the mini tutorials we learned from along the way are greatly appreciated.

Love the B&W photographs.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

4 hours ago, DocRob said:

Nothing to say against some nice B&W pics. They show the subtle layers of dust on the surfaces perfectly. A great build all around, congratulations Gaz.

Cheers Rob

Thank you for the kind word, fellas.

Unfortunately...   last night I learned I was not finished.  This photo popped up on facebook because of a comment from Mr. Dave Byrden regarding my B&W photos.  He was congratulating me because I had chosen the proper color...  Well...  I chose feldgrau.  But the real color will blow your minds:

German headsets.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is it about white backgrounds that suck the light out of a picture??

Anyway...  Equipment updated to reflect newly gained info.P1013878.thumb.JPG.05d2b0a5473647de24660caacad5f45c.JPG

P1013879.thumb.JPG.8cf29f4c62fac57b1b81c318643a9452.JPG

P1013880.thumb.JPG.5a911ade4535987ab98e0b3002e95cb3.JPG

Just waiting on the glue holding the base to dry...  strums fingers....   It's damp and gray today...  so I won't be removing the clamps before Monday, at least.

Happy modelling!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Thank you!  I use Mr. Mark Softer.

Thanks, I've come across Takom decals before and had some problems. I was wondering what the strongest solvent around was.

By the way; I just had another look at your Commander figure. Looks amazing! I wish I could paint like that!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

Your eye for detail is amazing

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

57 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

Thanks, I've come across Takom decals before and had some problems. I was wondering what the strongest solvent around was.

By the way; I just had another look at your Commander figure. Looks amazing! I wish I could paint like that!

Thank you, Gents...   this is my first decent face.  It came out well for two reasons...  one was the sculpture of the face.  The details were clearly delineated so you could easily decide where to put your paint.  Two...  The size of the face was big enough that my motor skills weren't taxed trying to make super-minute movements.  My 1/35 dudes aren't even close.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

I guess, the bigger the better and a little easier to paint but I have to give credit where credit is earned - facial color blending and the look are so very realistic. So very well done.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thank you, Peter!

• Like 2

Thank you Kai.  I assumed they were field grey, and was quite happy the way they looked.  But I think the orange ones don;t go so well with the skin tones, making him look like a redhead.

• Like 2