The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Hurri's X3 1/48 Mediterranean Theater Finished

KevinM

I got bogged down on the Mossie's engines and needed a distraction for awhile so since their are hardly any Hurri's in the collection Hmnnn...........The kits are the Revell/monogram 1970's,Hobbycraft 1990's and the Italeri it went the blue Malta scheme.The Italeri kit was the nicest of coarse of the three being the newest the other two kits I p/u for $10(both) at Mobile Hobby Town.I can't tell you the number of times I wanted to toss the Revell(pods) was really building it for nostalgia reasons but pushed it through to the end warts and all.The fuselage decals were a PIA thin and the old glue argh!!none are straight me thinks?What next?to many kits I now have more in my collection than HT in Mobile has on their shelves about 300 one of the reasons I am a builder most of the time looking for the aesthetic's of what the viewer sees ;)

I thought I show another interest of mine wood work the table is for the backyard when grilling and reading the Book and the Hunt Board is in the house notice the inlays on the legs.SHe is made of sapele,cherry,birch,western cedar(floor inside) maple got about 100 hrs in the piece all mortise/tendon;)

Hurri's 002.JPG

Hurri's 004.JPG

Hurri's 005.JPG

Hurri's 007.JPG

Hurri's 009.JPG

Hurri's 001.JPG

Hurri's 011.JPG

woodwork 003.JPG

woodwork 005.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DocRob said:

All are nice Kevin, the Hurricanes and the woodwork. 

Cheers Rob

Thks Rob the wood work I would like to make money at in retirement if people want to pay.;)

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Great models and woodwork Kevin!

I especially like the English desert camouflage. Have never seen a Hurricane in overall bluish-grey with desert camo tail. 

Awesome work!

Why I picked Kai is was different I think I still have the pamphlet that came with the kit might have some more info.I like to save my instructions and of course left over decals so I have instructions going back 30+ years some people like to save the box top?;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very nice collection Kevin and superb woodworking skills. Years ago whilst skiing in Canada I discovered New Yankee Workshop. I have to admit that in all the years I have been building ……..have never done a Hurricane……..that’s ridiculous……..so next stash item will be a Hurricane. Any suggestions…..preferably 1/48 but be nice in 32nd but not the Fly Models ……

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, Bomber_County said:

Very nice collection Kevin and superb woodworking skills. Years ago whilst skiing in Canada I discovered New Yankee Workshop. I have to admit that in all the years I have been building ……..have never done a Hurricane……..that’s ridiculous……..so next stash item will be a Hurricane. Any suggestions…..preferably 1/48 but be nice in 32nd but not the Fly Models ……

That was me to Phil for the most not much Hurries in the collection as to kits the Italeri kit was very Nice had the full cage for the copit with a little AM help if you go there is up to you.The kit supplies like 5/6  different A/c decals well printed.I am sure Tamy has a good kit out there just haven't done it I like Tamy they just hurt the account and as mentioned before I build alot for aestetics so interior in 1/48 th is :hsmack:

• Like 2