Mk V 1/24 Trumpter

I finally finished this one up at the tail end of last year the original start was in 2011 here  https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/1-24-mk-v-spitfire.28726/    had quite a few setbacks that really killed the project.The plane depicted is "Lima Challenger" she was a donation from Mr. H.L. Woodhouse of Lima, Peru https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205446986 .I went all out on the copit of this one and some on the engine to which I sealed up for posterity.I had to make all the markings and "Lima Challenger" is a dry transfer each letter at a time.I had to paint the British insignia then paint over it for the fade look.;)

Spit 002.JPG

Spit 003.JPG

Spit 004.JPG

Spit 005.JPG

Spit 006.JPG

Spit 007.JPG

Spit 008.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, harv said:

Excellent build !.....harv :thumbsup2:

Thanks Buddy ;) Now I know alot of times people do not want visit an unknown forum so I pulled down some of the pics of interior Mr Edgar Brooks would pop in from time to time and steer me in the right direction.

mark V 008_edited (800 x 595).jpg

mark V 009_edited (800 x 594).jpg

mark V 016_edited (800 x 515).jpg

mark V 029_edited (800 x 498).jpg

mark V 028_edited (800 x 729).jpg

mark V 029_edited (800 x 498).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I had to pull those pics of the engine out those belonged to another fella I forum I was following  doing the Tamy kit I thought they looked to good for me to close up :unsure: So here what was mine no were near as elaborate  but an improvement.Sorry about the mis-direction but do not wish to take credit for what is not duly mine.;)

mark V 004_edited (800 x 400).jpg

mark V 019_edited (758 x 993).jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, harv said:

Very clean straight tubing. Looks good.....harv:popcorn:

Thanks harv just wish I could get past the blockage on the Mossie I'd close up one engine but sure would like to open one for looks you know.;)

• Like 2

Kev

Beautiful build .. one awesome Spit. Just love Tamiya kits and their Merlin engines, even built OOB  a kit in themselves. I built my Mossie a number of years back along with a bundle of Spits and 'Stangs and the highlights of those builds were Tamiya's engines. Just a couple of pics of those Merlin.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Vyjfrf.jpg

d4R1eg.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Beautiful build .. one awesome Spit. Just love Tamiya kits and their Merlin engines, even built OOB our a kit in themselves. I built my Mossie a number of years back along with a bundle of Spits and 'Stangs and the highlights of those builds were Tamiya's engines. Just a couple of pics of those Merlin.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Vyjfrf.jpg

d4R1eg.jpg

All I can say Peter is "Holy Crap" those do look Nice!!;)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Beautiful build .. one awesome Spit. Just love Tamiya kits and their Merlin engines, even built OOB our a kit in themselves. I built my Mossie a number of years back along with a bundle of Spits and 'Stangs and the highlights of those builds were Tamiya's engines. Just a couple of pics of those Merlin.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Vyjfrf.jpg

d4R1eg.jpg

Stunning Mossie Peter with beautiful detailing! Love it! 

• Like 1