The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

My Wessex HU5

Thanks Oliver. I appreciate you input. Nothing glued.im on the fence with the box. The air ducting to me looks OK. There is pieces that attract to the bottom going to the sides. Have any suggestions you can give me would be great. I'm following your build and learning from you....harv

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, harv said:

Thanks Oliver. I appreciate you input. Nothing glued.im on the fence with the box. The air ducting to me looks OK. There is pieces that attract to the bottom going to the sides. Have any suggestions you can give me would be great. I'm following your build and learning from you....harv

The box is a great idea for your interior but maybe cut it in half and make two boxes side by side. I see you have pencil marks on your box, i would bring them closer to each other since in my opinion they are too far apart. Dont abandon the box idea it works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Harv.

The little hole(barely visible) in the fuselage for the placement of the winch is wrong(its too low) . The bracket should go just below the transmission cowling. Use the 2 brackets provided in the kit to measure the right angle ..i made a mistake with mine so i have to improvise on mine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Harv, You need to make a frame out of styrene or something else that you tape around your windows from outside once all the windows are in to protect them from popping in or out while you handle your helo. Your cockpit is moving forward i see. Dont forget to paint your fuselage color around your windows first before you glue them so you will an even paint job once its time to paint the fuselage.

oliver

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, harv said:

I kinda set it aside for now. I want to get a basic pit in for wireingwiring...... What did you make for yours.....harv

I used soft wires from Detailmaster. They do stuff for cars mostly but it works for us Helo modelers too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harv said:

I have lots of wire for tying Flys. Lots of sizes. I'll be using some next. What did you do for your windows....harv

Will preshade around windows first.  A dip in future to make them sparkle more. I did not change the size but will be using the bulged ones.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello Oliver. Haven't done very much at all for a couple months. Keep looking at it and getting a few ideas. Thanks for asking. Yours is amazing my friend ! ....harv 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...