My Wessex HU5

harv

So, I made a start. Much more clean up than I anticipated.  Small ridges that run the length of the parts, every piece needs scraping or sanding. Thank God I have my new sanding sticks ! So not much done. Still cleaning up these 4 pieces.....harv

20210829_200114.jpg

20210829_200119.jpg

• Like 12

I'd like to buy a ticket for the ride. I love the fugly Wessex and very often was close to purchase the Fly kit. After seeing Shark's build here, I iced my plans, but that needn't to be forever. Can't wait to see, what yours will look like.
I have the 1/48 incarnation of the HH-34J from Gallery models, which I plan to build as a German Bundesmarine SAR. I heard it's a good kit and should be a good start into the bigger Wessex.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The bottom taped on. Have already spotted a few trouble spots. But with AM coming, some cutting will be needed. So waiting for that to arive.....harv

20210831_143053.jpg

20210831_143038.jpg

• Like 11

Nice job on the planning stage there Harv. Looks like my CF-18. 

Having tackled a couple Fly kits, they definitely need planning and test fitting when you put them together. But if you take your time, they do seem to go together well. 

Carl

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, harv said:

It's made by FLY models. They have 3 versions,  but getting hard to find. The design is American,  and then purposes built in the UK with different engines....harv

Thanks Harv, I'll have a look for it. I think the U.S version used a piston engine.

• Like 4