The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

PCM Hawker Tempest V

Working on it. Still enjoying a lazy holiday.

Just to make sure, I am not aiming at getting oohs and aaahs when I post an update.

But if nobody responds, preferrably with advice I can learn from, what's the use to post updates.

Time better spent on modelling.

Any views in this?

Cees

It's a quiet time of year Cees... lots of people on holiday still.

I'd expect things to perk up somewhat in the next couple of weeks.... In terms of advice Cees, I'm afraid you're the one blazing the trail.... everyone's watching your build for advice especially as you seem to be having the most trouble free build that anyone's had of this kit...

Your build looks good.... certainly is a handsome looking aircraft.  I have an old vacform of this a/c which isn't too bad at all. I'm hoping a few spares will crop up if aftermarket steps in for this and the forthcoming SH kit...

I'd like to do a silver post war aircraft...I think there's one in the PCM kit...

Matt

• Like 2

Update,

Famous last words Matt LOL

The cockpit is to wide on my sample too. I solved this by drilling out the location holes

For the base part so the ends do not partly fit into the sides but can slide fully

Through. The width can then be adjusted, quite simple really.

Cees

... seems like the kit is hard work to me, but a good modeller can get good results ...

Maybe it's because of the taste of sourness of how the deal went down ... but awaiting for my kits to arrive now has lost the usual excitement.

This is one time I actually didn't step back and wait to purchase a new kit ...

(eg: I only just ordered a 1/32 He.219 UHU yesterday! - a ZM one)

... probably should have waited for the Special Hobby one!!

All that said ... I'm interested to see if Cees has any issues in the build!

Rog :)

• Like 1

And let's face it Cees, life would be boring if all kits were Tamiya quality....  I do get more enjoyment out of the problem solving that less than perfect kits require...

I suppose if painting and finishing is the major thing one enjoys, tricky builds can be a pain.... but I think the build is what I enjoy....

Matt

• Like 1

I'm with you on that Matt.

That's the joy if modelling, the challenge, solving problems, it all can give a lot of satisfaction. As well as

Frustration at times. I built the Tamiya Spitfire and it almost fell together. Did not like it. But hey,

So many modellers, so many tastes. Thankfully otherwise these forums would be boring.

Cees

• Like 1

Thanks,

There is no forward bulkhead but it is not needed. The gap between the instrument panel and

The rudderpedals is quite narrow. Have done some work with a silver pencil for some

Weathering but doesn't show in the pic. Personally I hate doing cockpits as not much can be

Seen and it seems one spends hours to paint it all. Hope to close it soon too so I can

Get on with it. The PCM Tempest is a complete kit, enjoying it very much.

As can be seen I drilled out the location holes and glued the sideframes to the halves.

The bottom piece can slide into them for alignment and fit.

Cees