The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RFM 1/35 Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf.G-Finished

Already started and have to say nice fit thus far but just the beginning.I have another RFM with the complete interior I believe a Tiger I that has way more pieces than this kit and the box is 2/3" deeper/taller however you wish to look at it.The idea is to cut my teeth with the easier of the two kits and see how RFM like to assemble their stuff together.I have not decided on a paint scheme yet but I will have to look around here at the other builds that are happening and the net to figure the weathering aspect of the build.This may take a while.;)821924291_Panzer001.thumb.JPG.71845ce9c417279a57ad29999a712ba2.JPG

Panzer 002.JPG

Panzer 003.JPG

Panzer 004.JPG

Panzer 005.JPG

Panzer 006.JPG

• Like 8

On 9/29/2021 at 12:57 AM, KevinM said:

Already started and have to say nice fit thus far but 

The kit will be a dream, I have a WIP on their Pz IV H, it’s a delight to build…….their instructions are well thought out, I decided to do some stuff out of sequence and paid the price. Enjoy would well recommend RFM……and at the paint stage and still have a mountain of parts for the spares box……

• Like 2

After step #5 complete.The tracks had a small learning curve for someone who has never played with individual links less glue is better CA not so great.I liked the idea of the working suspension esp. if someone was doing a diorama.Phil the kit does fit like a dream kinda like the Tamy of tanks without the cost so much.That's it for now assembling tracks  a little at a time so when the time comes I am ready

Panzer 001.JPG

Panzer 002.JPG

Panzer 003.JPG

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Good start Kevin, just take your time on the tracks and build in batches. Be careful not to flood the link as it will not flex…….

I am figuring that out Phil I have one track built 80% flexible seems loose though?The next track I am using a thicker liquid glue might not run as much will see.;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The tracks are time consuming  for sure this side seems a little loose while the other side seems better both have 98 links?I have jumped around not hard on the sequence little things but the instructions have me installing all the tools on the deck at this point?I wonder did they just spray everything in camo colors?I can see the manual jack and the bottle jack getting sprayed but the rest of the hand tools?Well if some more informed than I can clear that up be much appreciated.:notworthy:

Panzer 001.JPG

• Like 5

Nice work, Kevin.

Regarding the tools, the jury is still out.  Though I imagine they wouldn't have been painted while the base color was being laid on at the factory.  Other than that...

keep up the good work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Though I imagine they wouldn't have been painted while the base color was being laid on at the factory.

That has been thrown out there taken off for the camo and reattached Phil might have the answer in the mean time started on the upper deck/turret deck tonight.;)

• Like 3

Nice work Kevin. Regarding the tools, I don't have a correct answer, but on my tanks, I paint them in wood and metal for esthetical reasons. They add more detail and attract the eye, by giving some contrast.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

Looking great Kevin, I’m no expert but I take the line that the camo probably was field applied, so the mechanics wouldn’t probably have stripped everything off……….I do then add wood / metal highlights over the camo’d tools……as Gaz and Rob said there is no definitive answer……my two cents worth…….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Kevin, just realised I’d put one of my sets of tracks on the wrong way :wallbash:……I am such a dumb ass……..I’m sure you haven’t…..

No I just keep breaking them the next time they go on will be the last time.I am to the turret now started building the breech last night off Tuesday.Oh I got my 1/48 scale Tamy Lanc in today order like three weeks ago I guess all the way from Japan :wtf: and we have cargo ships off the coast longer than that?

And Phil how does that happen you mean the the teeth pointing out??

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OK Phil asked about some pics figured it was time just a couple though.I built the little handles that go under the windows of turret opening these allow the commander to look through armor plate glass.The handles comprised of PE and the standard part supplied by the kit.The inside of the turret opening is about to get another coat of white and then goes in the armor plate from the top now it appears to me leather pads exist between each piece of glass,I picture the commander hands up top of the pad with forearm on the pad looking out.The inside of the turret is my idea for this build the King Tiger with full interior will get more research sites already bookmarked.The main body still has more pieces to apply as well as the main turret it self.The KT kit tracks look beefier on the pins for the tracks Phil as opposed to this kit cannot tell you how many I had to make!!!!:brickwall:65626625_Panzer003.thumb.JPG.c52d1706db6703d5b792dd43c3160162.JPG

Panzer 004.JPG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Things are moving  slow just about ready to paint the tracks and add the skirts.I had a Sis come in town two weeks ago loves to go to antique shops I found four spindles(oak) 36" instantly  a project hit me so I have been in the other side of the shop.The hatch on the r/side will be open see the crack on closing.;)

Panzer 002.JPG

Panzer 003.JPG

Panzer 004.JPG

• Like 4

Tracks are on starting to look like a Tank and Phil did look at the orientation of the r/side(#@^%) and a link broke on that upon install.The pins for the tracks are much beefier in the Tiger kit.The tracks were black based with MM stainless steel then a coat MM burnt metal from a distance a fog you might say.I also have all the skirts painted and letting them dry well being PE.;)

PS: I know the upper wheels are not fully painted but figured with the skirt who knows better :secret:

Panzer 001.JPG

Panzer 002.JPG

• Like 4