The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

ANIMALS IN OUR LIVES :)

Martinnfb

7 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Hopefully this will prevent Quill from digging trenches in the backyard.  And , if not? Then 💀 

382E887C-A57B-4CDE-BEBC-C1B5FD7E0DFE.jpeg

A89A3AF8-B6EB-4490-8D01-96335F2C8281.jpeg

The dog that our daughter stiffed us with gets in the habit to dig.  The wife suggested putting shit in the holes and then covering it up.  It works to some extent.  But not always.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I think Quill and Jimmy would get along so nicely. He occasionally does the latter. Not fun at all.  

Kaiser likes a bit of shit now and again, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, harv said:

Why do dogs like turds? I've know dogs to eat cat turds too....harv

The vet said it's something to do with the nitrates (?) in it that makes it appealing to dogs. 

Our dog Zoe loved cat turds. Found out the hard way when Sue and I moved in together. She had two cats and the litter box was an all-you-can-eat buffet to Zoe until we caught her in the act. I had to get creative and block the litter box from her but still have it accessible to the cats. 

These days the litter box is in the basement and there's a baby gate to keep the dogs from getting to it. 

That being said, the moment I go to work at my bench our oldest cat will follow and drop the nastiest bomb and gas me out. Ugh. 

Catl

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The vet said it's something to do with the nitrates (?) in it that makes it appealing to dogs. 

Our dog Zoe loved cat turds. Found out the hard way when Sue and I moved in together. She had two cats and the litter box was an all-you-can-eat buffet to Zoe until we caught her in the act. I had to get creative and block the litter box from her but still have it accessible to the cats. 

These days the litter box is in the basement and there's a baby gate to keep the dogs from getting to it. 

That being said, the moment I go to work at my bench our oldest cat will follow and drop the nastiest bomb and gas me out. Ugh. 

Catl

I've also heard it that there's still quite a proportion of undigested meat in dog turds which is another thing that makes them so irresistible to other dogs.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, harv said:

Our sharpie  Kuji, would eat cigarettebuts. She would also catch birds and just keep them in her mouth....harv..harv

I can top you. My sister's first dog wouldn't eat cigarette butts but the cigarettes themselves. She'd sneak into a visitor's purse and take their pack of smokes. She would eat the cigarettes and then spit out the butts. 

She was also known to drink schnapps. :D

• Haha 4

Took Zoe for a walk and when we got back it was time for dinner. She didn't have the strength to stand and eat and lay down  with her bowl between her legs. 

PXL_20220602_214804479_MP.thumb.jpg.849ad6d3b635ebe33ab106d709e82ae1.jpg

Not sure if we're approaching the end or if she was just a bit more tired than usual. Hoping for the latter. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Poor girl, this has to be hard.

Martin, it's definitely hard. She has bad arthritis in both her back legs so getting up and down isn't easy for her. She can't do stairs any more, at least not going up. Last Dec, right before we got Jimmy she picked up vertigo so loses her balance from time to time. But she still wants to go out, if briefly and hang out with us. We'll have to see and also consider what the vet says. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I know it's hard. I had to put my Kuji down when she was about 9. Had her from a pup. She had bresr cancer and was blind. We thin our asshole neighbors poisoned her several years earlier. Man I wished I'd taken her to the vet when she was sick.....harv 😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...