The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

P-51 racer Bardahl Special

Just catching up with your build John. As Frank said, the grey cockpit is definitely different for a Mustang. 

Reading the description on the decal sheet, the pilot used this to commute to university!! Man, sure beats driving a Honda to attend class. 

Carl

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Just catching up with your build John. As Frank said, the grey cockpit is definitely different for a Mustang. 

Reading the description on the decal sheet, the pilot used this to commute to university!! Man, sure beats driving a Honda to attend class. 

Carl

Without a doubt Carl!

• Like 2

John

Your wings look great and I struggled beyond description. It seems almost every P-51 I've built the radiator air scoop under the fuselage has been a bear to fit and sand smooth. Has to be a better way to mold it. I'm guessing that the real issue is how the manufacturers try to detail the radiators themselves and for my money, gee, just mold them in place, who ever looks in there any way? After the hosue reno, I'll be finishing up my Revell Mustang (your build is keeping my juices flowing) and then I'm going to build one of the new Eduard 48th scale P-51D's as I'm hoping they solved how to do the radiators without all the fit issues. Long way done the road for me.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Your wings look great and I struggled beyond description. It seems almost every P-51 I've built the radiator air scoop under the fuselage has been a bear to fit and sand smooth. Has to be a better way to mold it. I'm guessing that the real issue is how the manufacturers try to detail the radiators themselves and for my money, gee, just mold them in place, who ever looks in there any way? After the hosue reno, I'll be finishing up my Revell Mustang (your build is keeping my juices flowing) and then I'm going to build one of the new Eduard 48th scale P-51D's as I'm hoping they solved how to do the radiators without all the fit issues. Long way done the road for me.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. Those wings and the air scoop were a real PITA, especially the air scoop. I finally just got my Dremel out with a grinder attachment and went to work on the SOB. NOW it's in place (guess I showed THAT SOB! LOL 😄)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Looking very good John and the idea of lowering the flaps adds a lot of life to the finished model.

Thanks Kai! I think it adds a lot to the "look" also. :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

You're blowing me away and it's a pleasure to see the kit built at your speed and so perfectly

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thank you Peter. Far from perfect but better that crappy! LOL 😄

• Like 2

1 minute ago, belugawhaleman said:

Nice work John! It's hard to keep up with your builds you finish them so quickly!

keep up the good and I'll be watching!

Paul.

Thanks Paul! I very much appreciate that. :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

I see you're up to your usual tricks John, beautifully built and so quickly too!

LOL Thanks Frank! Yep, old habits are hard to break, especially when you don't want to! LOL Thanks again!:)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Your building speed is terrific and your results  look awesome. White is not the easiest color to airbrush. 

Thank you Kai! I agree, painting white can be a PITA but, when all is said and done, it sure is nice looking! I'll start with the gloss white today. :)

• Like 3