The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Share a Meme...

GazzaS

Funny manual trans story time.

When I got my 2015 Mustang my wife insisted to drive it because she knows how to drive a manual.  Told her OK,  and as we started out the driveway I tried to explain how the six speed shifter “works”.  
“I know how to drive a damned manual transmission!  You need to shut the F up and let me drive!” 

Okay, then why are you in 5th gear? 

She was in the process of shifting from 2nd to 3rd, but because she didn’t know how the shifter worked she went to 5th. 
I was an instant humble and she hasn’t driven it since that day 9 years ago.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Common Scott. Stock shifter is notoriously known for this. You need to explain to her, that 'this' is not her fault and everyone deals with the same issue, ,,,justifying  why you need Barton shifter assembly, Steeda clutch spring and tranny mount bushings. Duh!  :)

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/baa-bmhyb15?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAiA04arBhAkEiwAuNOsIu__7G1CkYZq0rZDCCuRriuY0-GrAU78iyhA1rsUVYVrrNZQZRAfHxoCWR4QAvD_BwE

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don’t forget some ‘trannies’ ( will I be in trouble for using that word?) 🤭have a 1 to 4 shift pattern computer generated if under a certain speed and rpm. My Corvette does that, so I just make sure my speed is up a bit and same with rpms and the computer “lets” me do it the way I want.  And for the record , personally , I really don’t need a computer to help me shift they just ‘think’ tjey need to help. 🙄😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Common Scott. Stock shifter is notoriously known for this. You need to explain to her, that 'this' is not her fault and everyone deals with the same issue, ,,,justifying  why you need Barton shifter assembly, Steeda clutch spring and tranny mount bushings. Duh!  :)

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/baa-bmhyb15?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAiA04arBhAkEiwAuNOsIu__7G1CkYZq0rZDCCuRriuY0-GrAU78iyhA1rsUVYVrrNZQZRAfHxoCWR4QAvD_BwE

Funny you should say that.  I’ve added all three since then!  Steeds pedal spring made it feel like a normal clutch.  
for a while I was driving without any spring.  Another bright idea from Ford. Having a clutch pedal that tries to push you out of the drivers seat.  

• Like 3

On 11/25/2023 at 2:00 PM, AlanG said:

I find it so funny how many of our 'American cousins' have a problem with manual gearboxes. The vast majority of gearboxes over here are manual lol

When my sis moved to London for work( the UK one, not the one a couple hours west of Toronto), she had to get a license that only allowed automatics even though  she could drive standard as it wasn't indicated on her  Ontario license. Her work even had to special order her an automatic as her company car because of it. She eventually did a retest and got rid of that restriction. 

• Like 3

On 11/26/2023 at 8:33 AM, ScottsGT said:

Funny you should say that.  I’ve added all three since then!  Steeds pedal spring made it feel like a normal clutch.  
for a while I was driving without any spring.  Another bright idea from Ford. Having a clutch pedal that tries to push you out of the drivers seat.  

The clutch in my '91 Beat has such a short travel it feels more like a button. It's at least got some weight to it as do the brake and gas pedals. Mind you, the pedal box is so tiny you could probably step on all three with one foot. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...