The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

HASEGAWA 1/48 F-15C CALIF. ANG

k5ikl

Recently finished is the Hasegawa 1/48 F-15C of the 194th FS, 144th
Fighter Wing of the Calif. ANG.  Used a True Details resin seat, Aries
exhaust nozzles and Speed Hunter Graphics Heritage Eagle decals.  Otherwise OOB

During the summer of 2018, the 144th FW contracted to design a new paint scheme for an Eagle to
celebrate the units 75th Anniversary.  As of  Feb. 2022 the jet remains in this striking scheme and has
flown daily training missions from Fresno alongside its standard squadron mates. It has even been
photographed while on alert duty armed with live missiles.

Last picture is of the actual aircraft being refueled on its way for a flyover
at the 2022 Super Bowl back in Feb.

Cheers,
Jerry

F15C-84004-1.JPG

F15C-84004-2.JPG

F15C-84004-3.JPG

F15C-84004-4.JPG

F15C-84004-5.JPG

F15C-84004-6.JPG

F-15C.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Great build, do you recommend the Hasegawa boxing as I would like to add another jet to my single example….

Yes, the Hasegawa kit is a nice kit as well as is the Tamiya Eagle.  I understand that the GWH kit is very nice too
but was a bit to pricey for me.  I am about to finish another Calif. ANG Eagle using the Revell kit (#85-5870).  Stay
as far away from this kit as you can.  It is a PITA POS.  Very poor fit.  As John B. would say, it has a very high CUSS
factor.  :lol:

Cheers,
Jerry

• Like 2

13 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Nice build....I feel like I've seen that F-15 before. Forgive me for the mug shot. I begged Jake to do this in 32nd, but no go.

20180922_102514.jpg

Thanks Smitty and nice mug shot.  Yeah, 32nd would be nice but I can understand Jake's reluctance in doing it. LOL
I am also going to do the Oregon ANG Eagle off that sheet at a later date.

Ya I understood his reasoning as well. You know that aircraft and the 144th spent a good deal of time in Ukraine a few years ago training and doing excercises with the Ukrainian Air Force. Found a new scheme at Travis in May that I like though.

20220514_094439.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Ya I understood his reasoning as well. You know that aircraft and the 144th spent a good deal of time in Ukraine a few years ago training and doing excercises with the Ukrainian Air Force. Found a new scheme at Travis in May that I like though.

20220514_094439.jpg

I am about to finish the Revell kit in those markings but in the aggressor sand/brown colors with decals from
Two Bobs "Repo Eagles" sheet. 

• Like 1