The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WELCOME, NEW MEMBERS!

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

We’re glad you decided to join us here on Large Scale Modeller.  
Remember, it’s not just 1/35 and larger aircraft here! We also welcome armor, as well as 1/48 scale.  We even are OK with 1/72 if the model is of a very large aircraft.  Heck, some here even build ships!  

Please feel free to dive right in and showcase your builds, but please, take a couple moments and introduce yourselves to us all here.
We’re looking forward to having you in our online community of Scale Modelers. 

WELCOME!

• Like 12

Hi!

I'm not sure if I qualify as a new member, having lurked around for some years already before registering, but I'll give it a go. As a young bloke many, many moons ago I built many, many models. Some of them are still around in my home. An old B-24 Liberator in 1:48 hangs over my remote working desk. I remember being very enthusiastic when getting that one and building it in one day. I might take it down and redo some things in it or maybe not.

Some how I "lost the loving feeling" for models in the hectic studying years. Partly because I set too high standards for myself. Now I know better. Or should know better.

I returned to the hobby after settling down in my hometown in Finland. Although in the beginning the hobby has been more of building the stash part. I have started some kits, then lost interest somehow when something too complicated has stalled the build. I feel like I have too many unfinished builds, so I have begun my own Clear the Shelf of Doom project. I build for fun and for myself. I know that I won't be able to create Best of Show masterpieces, but that's ok. Now that the kids are growing up all the time, the bench time is also increasing a bit.

This year I participated in the Everything Ukraine Group Build here; it was the first GB for me. It was fun. Somehow it motivated me to push a bit further, trying new things like weathering. I might do it again. Both weathering and group builds :)

I have many kinds of kits in the stash, but almost 80% is aircraft, 10% vehicles, mostly armor and 10% ships. About 1/4 of the aircraft are of larger scale (1:32, 1:24, 1:35). I have built or are planning to build many aircraft from the history of the Finnish Air Force. I have a soft spot for the Swedish Air Force as well, having lived there for a while.

Who's next? :)

Br, Jani

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, telepatu said:

Hi!

I'm not sure if I qualify as a new member, having lurked around for some years already before registering, but I'll give it a go. As a young bloke many, many moons ago I built many, many models. Some of them are still around in my home. An old B-24 Liberator in 1:48 hangs over my remote working desk. I remember being very enthusiastic when getting that one and building it in one day. I might take it down and redo some things in it or maybe not.

Some how I "lost the loving feeling" for models in the hectic studying years. Partly because I set too high standards for myself. Now I know better. Or should know better.

I returned to the hobby after settling down in my hometown in Finland. Although in the beginning the hobby has been more of building the stash part. I have started some kits, then lost interest somehow when something too complicated has stalled the build. I feel like I have too many unfinished builds, so I have begun my own Clear the Shelf of Doom project. I build for fun and for myself. I know that I won't be able to create Best of Show masterpieces, but that's ok. Now that the kids are growing up all the time, the bench time is also increasing a bit.

This year I participated in the Everything Ukraine Group Build here; it was the first GB for me. It was fun. Somehow it motivated me to push a bit further, trying new things like weathering. I might do it again. Both weathering and group builds :)

I have many kinds of kits in the stash, but almost 80% is aircraft, 10% vehicles, mostly armor and 10% ships. About 1/4 of the aircraft are of larger scale (1:32, 1:24, 1:35). I have built or are planning to build many aircraft from the history of the Finnish Air Force. I have a soft spot for the Swedish Air Force as well, having lived there for a while.

Who's next? :)

Br, Jani

Welcome Jani, it’s always good to see how other modeller’s tackle issues in this hobby you can never stop learning. Hopefully you will join us for the next GB….

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Wow. I tried to create an account and realized I had one already. 

Anyhoo, I'm mainly a helicopter guy seeing I was a US Army UH-60 mechanic for 8 years.

Hopefully you'll see some of my work here soon!

Tim

Welcome back, would be great to see more helo’s ……..

• Like 6

Good Morning,

Thanks for letting me join. 

My name is Rob Jones. I'm a retired US Navy Submarine Sailor (28 years) living in Washington State. I'm getting close to my 2nd and final retirement as a USN civilian supporting Ohio class boats. Other than models, I enjoy Golf, Mountain Bikes and spending time with my grandkids.

My modeling interests are, well, all over the board- armor, planes, motorcycles. I'm a sucker for a well engineered kit which means I build lots of Tamiya stuff. I'll get some photos up later but I have a couple on the bench right now. A Meng RR armored car which I'm weathering and a Tamiya F-35A which will have very little weathering :). I have a stash of WNW kits and several 1/32 scale Tamiya kits to keep me busy.

v/r,

Rob

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Wow. I tried to create an account and realized I had one already. 

Anyhoo, I'm mainly a helicopter guy seeing I was a US Army UH-60 mechanic for 8 years.

Hopefully you'll see some of my work here soon!

Tim

Bring on this builds Tim!  I have a small stash of 1/48 helicopter kits that I just lost my mojo on. 3 are on the shelf of doom. :wacko: When they announced the coming 1/35 Skycrane I got all excited until I remembered that I cannot even complete the ones I’ve started. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, rjones said:

Good Morning,

Thanks for letting me join. 

My name is Rob Jones. I'm a retired US Navy Submarine Sailor (28 years) living in Washington State. I'm getting close to my 2nd and final retirement as a USN civilian supporting Ohio class boats. Other than models, I enjoy Golf, Mountain Bikes and spending time with my grandkids.

My modeling interests are, well, all over the board- armor, planes, motorcycles. I'm a sucker for a well engineered kit which means I build lots of Tamiya stuff. I'll get some photos up later but I have a couple on the bench right now. A Meng RR armored car which I'm weathering and a Tamiya F-35A which will have very little weathering :). I have a stash of WNW kits and several 1/32 scale Tamiya kits to keep me busy.

v/r,

Rob

Glad to have you here Rob!  Takes a special person to be able to live under the sea like you did. Thanks for your service!  I went aboard the sub that used to be at Patriots Point in Charleston.  First thing that came to mind was “Nope! Not me!”  Never realized I had claustrophobia until that day.  I saw that tiny hatch to get to the below decks that would require me to be buttered up to get through and all I could think of was how the hell would I get out if I had a medical emergency.  

• Like 8

Welcome aboard folks! 

Tim, can't wait to see your helo builds. Are you getting any of the new 1/35 Apache kits? Would love to hear your thoughts on those. 

Rob, can't have enough mountain bikers on this forum. Although living in southern Ontario, are we allowed to call it mountain biking? :lol:

Carl 

• Like 6

Just now, BlrwestSiR said:

Welcome aboard folks! 

Tim, can't wait to see your helo builds. Are you getting any of the new 1/35 Apache kits? Would love to hear your thoughts on those. 

Rob, can't have enough mountain bikers on this forum. Although living in southern Ontario, are we allowed to call it mountain biking? :lol:

Carl 

Hi Carl,

I live between the Cascades and the Olympic ranges and rarely, if ever, ride them. That ended a decade or so ago. I guess it would be more accurate to say I'm a trail rider now.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, rjones said:

Hi Carl,

I live between the Cascades and the Olympic ranges and rarely, if ever, ride them. That ended a decade or so ago. I guess it would be more accurate to say I'm a trail rider now.

Welcome Rob, we are all about every aspect of modelling here on LSM. Looking forward to some pics of your builds….

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Welcome aboard folks! 

Carl 

I want to build the E model in either my 82nd Avn unit or the 101st (ugh, can't believe I said that! Lol).

Tim

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Welcome back, would be great to see more helo’s ……..

I've got 3 in progress helo builds currently.

1-1/35 MH-60L from KH with OGS markings from TF 160.

2-Another KH MH-60L with personal markings for a buddy of mine who flew in OGS.

And finally, another KH HH-60L that will be a patient hoist diorama for another crew chief buddy in the Ky NG. He was on that famous rescue mission down in Ky.

So yeah, I'm a helo guy!!!😂

Tim

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, FullArmor said:

Hi all.

Just joined this forum. Not new to his hobby but i had i 10 year break. Then gravitated towards tanks models and larger scale.

I have build tamiya 1/35 tiger and abrams. Posting images soon.

Welcome to our little corner of the modelling world. Great to have another AFV modeller onboard looking forward to seeing your builds……..dive in and have fun………:1051927712:

• Like 1