WELCOME, NEW MEMBERS!

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

We’re glad you decided to join us here on Large Scale Modeller.  
Remember, it’s not just 1/35 and larger aircraft here! We also welcome armor, as well as 1/48 scale.  We even are OK with 1/72 if the model is of a very large aircraft.  Heck, some here even build ships!  

Please feel free to dive right in and showcase your builds, but please, take a couple moments and introduce yourselves to us all here.
We’re looking forward to having you in our online community of Scale Modelers. 

WELCOME!

• Like 10

Hi!

I'm not sure if I qualify as a new member, having lurked around for some years already before registering, but I'll give it a go. As a young bloke many, many moons ago I built many, many models. Some of them are still around in my home. An old B-24 Liberator in 1:48 hangs over my remote working desk. I remember being very enthusiastic when getting that one and building it in one day. I might take it down and redo some things in it or maybe not.

Some how I "lost the loving feeling" for models in the hectic studying years. Partly because I set too high standards for myself. Now I know better. Or should know better.

I returned to the hobby after settling down in my hometown in Finland. Although in the beginning the hobby has been more of building the stash part. I have started some kits, then lost interest somehow when something too complicated has stalled the build. I feel like I have too many unfinished builds, so I have begun my own Clear the Shelf of Doom project. I build for fun and for myself. I know that I won't be able to create Best of Show masterpieces, but that's ok. Now that the kids are growing up all the time, the bench time is also increasing a bit.

This year I participated in the Everything Ukraine Group Build here; it was the first GB for me. It was fun. Somehow it motivated me to push a bit further, trying new things like weathering. I might do it again. Both weathering and group builds :)

I have many kinds of kits in the stash, but almost 80% is aircraft, 10% vehicles, mostly armor and 10% ships. About 1/4 of the aircraft are of larger scale (1:32, 1:24, 1:35). I have built or are planning to build many aircraft from the history of the Finnish Air Force. I have a soft spot for the Swedish Air Force as well, having lived there for a while.

Who's next? :)

Br, Jani

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, telepatu said:

Hi!

I'm not sure if I qualify as a new member, having lurked around for some years already before registering, but I'll give it a go. As a young bloke many, many moons ago I built many, many models. Some of them are still around in my home. An old B-24 Liberator in 1:48 hangs over my remote working desk. I remember being very enthusiastic when getting that one and building it in one day. I might take it down and redo some things in it or maybe not.

Some how I "lost the loving feeling" for models in the hectic studying years. Partly because I set too high standards for myself. Now I know better. Or should know better.

I returned to the hobby after settling down in my hometown in Finland. Although in the beginning the hobby has been more of building the stash part. I have started some kits, then lost interest somehow when something too complicated has stalled the build. I feel like I have too many unfinished builds, so I have begun my own Clear the Shelf of Doom project. I build for fun and for myself. I know that I won't be able to create Best of Show masterpieces, but that's ok. Now that the kids are growing up all the time, the bench time is also increasing a bit.

This year I participated in the Everything Ukraine Group Build here; it was the first GB for me. It was fun. Somehow it motivated me to push a bit further, trying new things like weathering. I might do it again. Both weathering and group builds :)

I have many kinds of kits in the stash, but almost 80% is aircraft, 10% vehicles, mostly armor and 10% ships. About 1/4 of the aircraft are of larger scale (1:32, 1:24, 1:35). I have built or are planning to build many aircraft from the history of the Finnish Air Force. I have a soft spot for the Swedish Air Force as well, having lived there for a while.

Who's next? :)

Br, Jani

Welcome Jani, it’s always good to see how other modeller’s tackle issues in this hobby you can never stop learning. Hopefully you will join us for the next GB….

• Like 3