The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

New Group Build theme?

Clunkmeister

I could up for this.

I've got a PCM XIX conversion started and plan to do another as an FR XIV. Theres also a Revell MkII with the AIMS conversion for a Merlin PR Spit. 

Anyone got an Academy F/A-18D for an Atars nose? Kinetic make one in 1/48. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Could be 'owt ? recon aircraft, recon vehicles , recon ships even . ....or space bawooons . Jus spitballing here. 

EDIT - I've not done a Puma ....some nice Normandy hedgerow scenarios there .....

My mojo is feeling pretty low this week...   hard to even imagine doing one at the moment.  Can't even imagine making a hedgerow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

"Recon" gives you any number of really nice armoured cars to build , or light tanks .

I’d say it’ll be a go later in the year. This is a GREAT theme. Even the S-Boot would fit in.  It was a scout and recon platform. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

What were those Canadian WW2 Chevrolet scout vehicles they used. Those were cool as well.  
I was thinking maybe of the Staghound?

I know Ford made some cool light trucks as well, as well as White with their M3A1 scout car.  You’d run in to them in farmyards all over Western Canada and the Western States. Even the odd Kübelwagen and Kettenrad. 
Farmers bought them by the thousands as they were surplussed after the war.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I’d say it’ll be a go later in the year. This is a GREAT theme. Even the S-Boot would fit in.  It was a scout and recon platform. 

Could even go extra sneaky with an S-boot ....we used them post war for spy insertion into Soviet Europe. 

S-130 and S-208 had moved to Rotterdam in May of 1945 and eventually were taken over as British war prizes following the German surrender. Why the crew did not destroy their vessels is curious as German forces across North West Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands all surrendered on May 4th, 1945. The British took a number of German ships, including S-130, back to England so, in late May 1945, German delivery crews, supervised by British seamen, brought their vessels into Gosport, England. As they were to be used unarmed, the torpedo tubes were deactivated and closed and the cannon unshipped to reduce weight. Two additional fuel tanks were installed in order to increase operating range and radar and radio direction gear were fitted for her new clandestine mission role.

S-130 had her 3 x Maybach 501 V-20 series diesels were replaced by three state-of-the-art Napier-Deltic diesels rated at 3,140PS each. This new lease on life gave the S-130 a speed of 45 knots, an increase of about 5 knots over her original German engines. She was attached to the British Baltic Fishery Protection Service, a cover for the British Secret Intelligence Service (MI-6), using the now-converted S-130 to ferry spies and agents into Eastern Europe. In May of 1949, the converted S-130 and S-208 were used to insert agents into Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Poland against the Soviet Empire.

Source

• Like 2