Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Messerschmitt Me 323D-6 Gigant

MARU 5137

I quite like the design and structure  of a Messerschmitt  aircrafts (and they have so many colorful schemes), and here is one that may appeal to some of you ..

Listed as the Worlds Biggest Model Kit at 1:32 scale.

I heard and read that the kit may be pricey but not sure yet what HPH Models will charge for this humongous  model kit..

Rumours are that it may be about £1400 { US $ 1698.00, Canadian $2276.00}.

:(

On the Internet there are a few links  one of which I could read was a review from the internet search.

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=3717

and then this: the text below comes from the video.

Officially: our 1:32 Messerschmitt Me 323 D-6 "Gigant" is available for order! World's biggest 1:32 scale model kit!!!

the start of production in the 7th week of 2023 this is an EXCLUSIVE model, therefore the frequency of production will be 1 model per week.

after paying, you will be included in the orderafter paying, you will be included in the order

After payment, you will receive a certificate with a serial number and the week of parcel sending of your model:

Our Facebook page: facebook.com/hphmodels

Our Instagram page: instagram.com/hph_models Our email address: info@hphmodels.cz

And Finally TIMELINE Photos from Facebook!

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=670818811504128&id=100057280456541&set=a.531776105408400&refid=13&__tn__=%2B%3D

I think it a beautiful model kit and HPH have done a stupendous  job.

Enjoy.

:wub:

{I have no affiliation with the Company at all}.

MARU5137. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Cheers Maru

For me - They are just going to end up as traded shelf queens I feel . I doubt there will be more than one run , and they will be on eBay for $5K in a few years.

For anything that price.......... I'd expect to drive it home 😁

A few nutjobs will no doubt build them, but beyond "look at me I'm big" I'm not sure there is a lot to say for it as a subject . 2m by a meter .....I wonder how much bracing it will take to stop it falling apart under it's own weight .

Something for people who feel size is everything perhaps? & without wishing to be contentious a 1/35 version would have given far better options on payload, figure etc.

Mind you overly large models is HpH's thing  , somebody somewhere will love it.

• Like 4

• Administrators

I really like their stuff, and have built a few of their kits.  The key to them is being able to remove the wings for transport.  
I’m a sucker for oddball aircraft, as in models of inconvenient in my favorite scale, unpopular or workaday unremarkable aircraft with little to know sex appeal.  So, the subjects HPH produce are very exciting for me.  Not only that, but they make easily the nicest MiG-15 kit out there, plus an L-29 and an L-39, two of those popular two seat military trainers ever produced. There’s barely an aviation event today that doesn’t feature at least one L-39. Nobody else even attempts that gorgeous machine     

I built the big HK Lanc, and even though it pales in size compared to this, being able to pull the wings off for transport makes it palatable.

Even so, my “big” ones only come out a couple times per year, either to show or display around friends. But, given all that, due to the setup of my home and my liking off “off the wall” subjects, I’d take a stab at building this, assuming I had a couple thousand extra $$$ just laying around  😵💫

I’m wondering if 1/35 might have been a better scale for this, as it was mostly used as an airlifted for the Army. 

• Like 5

This thing looks really amazing.  I'm a sucker for odd aircraft too.  Size wise, I guess it would be like building and storing one of those remote control flying planes that people build.  I wonder how the sales of their 1/48 Do-X went - another big one.

I'd probably consider a 1/72 or even 1/144 version of this beastie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Landlubber Mike said:

This thing looks really amazing.  I'm a sucker for odd aircraft too.  Size wise, I guess it would be like building and storing one of those remote control flying planes that people build.  I wonder how the sales of their 1/48 Do-X went - another big one.

I'd probably consider a 1/72 or even 1/144 version of this beastie.

Italeri did a 1/72 one …

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1