The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

S-Boot Fantasy starring Airfix's 1/72 scale "E-Boat"

GazzaS

Cool Gary, somehow the old movie tittle of a crap film comes to mind. 'Surf Nazis must Die'. The guys on the bridge look astonishingly calm for the mayor wipeout to come. Definitely something else and your wave looks so real, I gonna pick my board up.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

14 hours ago, DocRob said:

Cool Gary, somehow the old movie tittle of a crap film comes to mind. 'Surf Nazis must Die'. The guys on the bridge look astonishingly calm for the mayor wipeout to come. Definitely something else and your wave looks so real, I gonna pick my board up.

Cheers Rob

Thank you Rob.  I don't see a wave about to crash into the sea.  I see Posiedon's men out for a ride.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

OUTSTANDING ! 

Shots against the sky are the killer ones for me . 24/25/26 is "straight out of a movie" shots. 

Can you still lift it ?

Thank you guy!  I think it only weighs a few pounds...  so it's not too heavy.  More worrisome is moving it and not catching the mast on anything.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Thank you Rob.  I don't see a wave about to crash into the sea.  I see Posiedon's men out for a ride.

Sorry Gary, it's just me. As a surfer I'm biased, when I see a mounting column of water ;). Your idea is even cooler.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DocRob said:

Sorry Gary, it's just me. As a surfer I'm biased, when I see a mounting column of water ;). Your idea is even cooler.

Cheers Rob

I couldn’t think of a viable way of making the wave look self-regenerating.  As it is, it still runs perpendicular to a real wave.  So, it’s easier to consider it some manifestation of godly power from the sea.  

Speaking of surfing… I’m finding it difficult to square all of my Germanic prototypes to “surfer dude”.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I couldn’t think of a viable way of making the wave look self-regenerating.  As it is, it still runs perpendicular to a real wave.  So, it’s easier to consider it some manifestation of godly power from the sea.

Because it's so narrow, it looks more like a water column than a wave and I think that was your intent, Gary. 

4 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Speaking of surfing… I’m finding it difficult to square all of my Germanic prototypes to “surfer dude”.

:rofl:So true, not a Teutonic archetype I am in some respects. I never thought about a German translation for surfer dude, maybe 'Wellenreiter-Kumpel' :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Truly daring and impressively executed. Almost intimidating.

Cheers

Martin

PS: Anybody wants to join my knitting club :)

Thank you!  Knitting...   that would be difficult.

• Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.