Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya F4U-1 birdcage "Bubbles" finished

Ready for your perusal. It's always enjoyable to build one of their Corsairs and this one was no exception. Great fit and detail throughout. What more could you ask for? LOL The only after market parts used are the Barracuda resin wheels. Everything else is box stock. Painted with Testor's MM. Decals are from Eaglecals. I tried to be careful with the weathering so as not to over do it and I feel like I got it done okay. I hope y'all like it and PLEASE remember to click on the first photo for best resolution and to view as a slide show. THANK YOU!!! :)

8-9-23 001.jpg

8-9-23 002.jpg

8-9-23 003.jpg

8-9-23 004.jpg

8-9-23 005.jpg

8-9-23 006.jpg

8-9-23 007.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

John, once again you knocked it out of the park. 

Rigging looks great too.  What do you use? 

Thank you Scott, I'm pleased that you like it. The rigging is stretched sprue. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Another outstanding build and some mighty fine weathering. Nice to see your Corsair finishes cover the full spectrum of finishes and weathering. Just a pleasure to follow from start to tinish.

Thanks Peter! It just wouldn't do to have 'em all spick and span! LOL :)

• 3 weeks later...

A real eye-catcher Corsair, JohnB.  I love that intermediate blue.  I also have bottle of that blue in MM enamel and I will hold onto that!

I have a -1A in my stash.  Never built one of these.  Nice to know I don't have to spend much on aftermarket as you have shown here!

Vince

3 minutes ago, KUROK said:

A real eye-catcher Corsair, JohnB.  I love that intermediate blue.  I also have bottle of that blue in MM enamel and I will hold onto that!

I have a -1A in my stash.  Never built one of these.  Nice to know I don't have to spend much on aftermarket as you have shown here!

Vince

The Tamiya Corsairs are all outstanding kits. Can't go wrong there! :)