Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

IPMS-USA Fort Worth Chapter show.

Clunkmeister

• Clunkmeister changed the title to IPMS-USA Fort Worth Chapter show.
  • Administrators

A couple standouts at the show are both in 1/48. 
That Ju-52 is absolutely stunning!

And the opened up F-14D is an AMK kit. Truly mind blowing is too light a phrase. 
It sits beside a Tamiya F-14, and although I’ve always thought the AMK kit blows Tamiya out of the water, these pictures show it all for everyone to see. 

• Like 4

Ernie

Thanks for posting the contest photographs - some mighty awesome work for sure. 

Having already built one of Tamiya's F-14A and a few more in the stash, my thoughts are for a builder who leans towards everything being closed up, Tamiya would be the way to go. But if the builder wants everything open and hanging down, AMK is absolutely the way to go. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the pics Ernie, some real cool builds. As you say the Ju-52 is a stunner.

I'd agree with Peter that the Tamiya F-14 is great if you want everything closed but that AMK does look stunning with the Black Dog add-ons.

• Like 2

Thanks for the pics Ernie. 
The Tomcats are great, and the AMK one impressive, although, to my eye at least, the wing-root / apex fairing seems strangely bloated, and not very prototypical. Certainly not the same as the Tamiya kit in this area,

I liked the Gulfhawk, although the pic shows how much work is needed to bring this venerable kit to a more scale-like appearance.

And yes, your Val is always stunning 👍 !

Hubert

• Like 4

On 9/9/2023 at 2:28 PM, Clunkmeister said:

A couple standouts at the show are both in 1/48. 
That Ju-52 is absolutely stunning!

And the opened up F-14D is an AMK kit. Truly mind blowing is too light a phrase. 
It sits beside a Tamiya F-14, and although I’ve always thought the AMK kit blows Tamiya out of the water, these pictures show it all for everyone to see. 

Great show, thanks for posting the pictures!

I have the AMK kit - was thinking about getting the Black Bird set but it's a bit pricey.  Now after seeing the pictures, I might reconsider...hmm...

• Like 1