Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Revell Me-262B up. Now down! Now up!!! LOL

John, that is interesting. I don't recall having this specific problem with my two Revell P-51D builds (but I also bookmarked your 'More Revell Fixes' Thread which is wonderfully helpful).  I usually use the Aerocraft canopies to address the narrow windscreen and the wavy canopy problem, with the AMUR resin flaps to solve the 'valley' effect Revell flaps suffer from.

Trying to find my build threads of those Revell Mustangs.

Good luck Chris. Those problems are why I have decided to go with Tamiya in future. More pricey but worth it I think.

• Like 1

• JohnB changed the title to Revell Me-262B up. Now down! Now up!!! LOL

Since the really nice Xtradecal sheet showed up I've decided to resume this build. We'll see how it goes! Couple of photos of the weights I put in the nose. Fingers crossed it won't be a tail sitter if and when I finish it.

5-30-24 4.jpg

5-30-24 6.jpg

• Like 4

Having a lot of difficulty attaching the wings. Working on it. I think I'll begin my Hasegawa P-40N build and work on this on the side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Surely looks as if you have the nose weight issue covered.

Good POA, for a kit that is a constant struggle.

:construction:

It IS a PITA kit for sure but I guess I'll keep working on it on and off (or until I get fed up again).

• Like 3

Good to see you back on it.  I just discovered that Ali (Aerocraft models) sells brass landing gear for this kit.  Ordered a set today for mine.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Good to see you back on it.  I just discovered that Ali (Aerocraft models) sells brass landing gear for this kit.  Ordered a set today for mine.  

That ought to dress it up nicely Scott. When the really nice Xtradecal sheet for this 262 showed up I decided to resume the build. Not a real fun build but it ought to be a real looker when finished (I hope!). :)

• Like 2

John

Some mighty nice progress and it's easy to see you have whipped the 262 into shape. Fingers crossed all the roadblocks are finally behind you and the finishing stages of the build will go smoothly. 🤞

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Some mighty nice progress and it's easy to see you have whipped the 262 into shape. Fingers crossed all the roadblocks are finally behind you and the finishing stages of the build will go smoothly. 🤞

Thank you Peter. My fingers are crossed also but it looks like all the hassle is done. I'll start painting either tonight or tomorrow. I'm hoping for a really cool dappled camo job.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks good John. Nice to see the fit issues seem to be behind you. 

Thanks Carl. I'm glad it's seems to be on the downhill slide. I plan to start painting tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KevinM said:

Good to see you moving onto the finish line with this one John.;)

Getting there Kevin! Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Aeromaster RLM 83 done. Now for the RLM 82. After that I can start on the dappled camo on the sides. :)

6-2-24 3.jpg

Seems a little "bright" but I'm going to leave it be.

• Like 1