The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Show of hands...

lawman56

In an attempt to "decompress" my brain somewhat, I decided to build something I know next to nothing about, so I just ordered the Special Hobby Fiat G50 Freccia. It will be a straight OOB build, with one exception. I'll be adding the CMK weighted wheels. Mostly because an aircraft on unweighted wheels, (to me anyhow), looks like it's sitting on balloons, and since I can't seem to make kit wheels look weighted worth a crap, figured it was worth adding them.

That being said, I know little to nothing about the Regia Aeronautica, except they had some interesting aircraft, and were quite good considering.

I figure deciding on, and recreating those mind numbing paint schemes will be enough to keep my brain busy. Besides, I have a penchant for the odd and unusual, so this will fit the bill perfect.

Anyone else ever do this?

• Like 1

I need a "get back to basics" build as well.  Unfortunately I start with good intentions but wind up throwing the kitchen sink at it in the end.

I have the same problem, which is exactly why I chose something I know nothing about!

I had that idea too, some times. But then I came across heavy details or rather bare cockpits and all the good intentions were chucked away!

Even if I know that a finely painted and lifelike weathered model draws more looks than a superbly detailed model of which the paintwork is just up to par...

This is something that I do at least once per year, pick a subject that does not really interest me and build it without worrying too much about accuracy, I did this last year with the Revell He 219. I don't usually build German subjects, have few references for the Luftwaffe and the Revell He 219 is too big for my shelves, so I bought one and built it, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, oh and it was also very cheap !

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Dennis,

That is a good idea.

Due to building the Meteor I noticed that I suddenly enjoyed building jets. Been working on my

Second now. Poor Tempest languishes on the shelf of doom. Not for long hopefully.

Cees