The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

So just before Xmas, we moved into a new house that had an office.. Which became my modelling room..

In that time I have gone through Old Counter from my mates hobby store.. it was a nice height but I kept banging my knee on the shelf that was in it.. So that got binned and I have been using my old desk for the last month... Till my wife came home this...

20150225_202053.jpg

20150225_202118.jpg

Its a Sitting/Standing Desks... She just moved into another office and this one is to large.. Home it came!

And I have a 3 Kittens to keep my feet warm!

• Like 2

Okies ...

Time to chip in again ...

To kick off ... ever since I got that first ZM kit (He.219 Uhu) I've been wanting to buy an original boxing and 1st edition of their very first kit ... and thanks to an Austrian connection, on LSP, who was willing to part with it - I have it! biggrin.png

IMG_0513_zpshlcp5bfg.jpg

Next a couple of handy reference books from Classics fame: the Me.210/410 - a handy reference for building that awesome HpH kit (and perhaps modifying) ... and an old favourite of mine, the Ju-52 - which I am hoping will be useful for an IM or Resin kit in 1/32 someday. 

We call all dream!! ...

IMG_0511_zpskgizja7v.jpg

Meanwhile ... I'm loving this moulded Dragon Zimmerit stuff ... I did some with putty on a Tamiya kit a while back - It turned out ok looking, but definitely not to scale and rough as guts - now an effective paint mule smile.png ... Enter: Another kit for the "Late War" diorama.

IMG_0512_zpsvvkswz4s.jpg

I've wanted to do an FAA Corsair since I bought the birdcage ... Corsairs are awesome aren't they? I can certainly understand why John builds a lot of them ... anyway, scored this one for half the price they retail for here from a connection in Hong Kong smile.png

IMG_0516_zpsxtjsyqvk.jpg

With my "Kursk" diorama deep into the design stage, various AFV and figurine collections almost complete ... and German LSP's of the campaign lined up ... It was time to add the main opposition air support contender to the list:

IMG_0515_zps9gz0lxwd.jpg

Finally ... for this post anyway ... I couldn't resist those flared pants!! ... shades of the Bee Gees and Stayin' Alive:

IMG_0514_zpswslymcbz.jpg

Rog smile.png

• Like 1

Time to buy some friuls!

Yeah ... I'm definitely not a big fan of the "rubber bands" ... That's why I started replacing most of my older tooled Tamiya collection with newer tooled Dragon stuff. The new tooled Tamiya stuff, however, is excellent in every other way, and they usually include figurines - which, these days, are as decently tooled as most others on the market. 

I wish Dragon would give us the in-box option of either DS or Magic-Tracks, rather than just assuming everyone loves DS ... it's almost getting back to 'toss-the-coin' stage now ... nice box art!!

Rog :)

I'm fine with DS tracks on Shermans, but they're kinda ridiculous on German armor. That said...I hate magic tracks, too. Friuls are definitely preferred - though I thought I saw somewhere recently that someone's doing Pz.III/IV snap-together tracks. Holy grail, that.

I can definitely understand why Magic Tracks would drive some people insane ... I've almost had to be committed once or twice, myself! ... but for detail, track sag etc individual links were always worth the pain to me ... if you hear any more on those snap together items - or for any other Panzer type, for that matter (especially Tigers, Panthers and other late war vehicles) that are in the "Not-Ridiculously-Expensive" bracket ... please let me know!!

Rog,

Check out Luckymodel they have a new brand of indy tracks called Kaizen. I have some for my Nashorn build and they are 1/4 of the price of Fruils and will be making them my first option on tracks now.

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

Today i scored some stuff after visiting a local modeling convention.

AK : heavy chipping and worn effects fluids. (i will need that for my future Corsair builds)

Albion Alloys : Micro brass tubes ( My Harry Tate is waiting for some of this stuff)

And Kagero Monographs : Vought F4U Corsair part I & II.

DSCN0983_zpslpf552j1.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Rog,

Check out Luckymodel they have a new brand of indy tracks called Kaizen. I have some for my Nashorn build and they are 1/4 of the price of Fruils and will be making them my first option on tracks now.

Dave ...

I've spent the last few days looking around all the major web-stores ... in multiple countries ... at separate track links ...

Thank's for the tip!! ...

Kaizen do look good ... or at least good enough for me! ... but I have the same issue as with Fruil track links - in that everyone is just about out of stock of every item except a couple ... I'll have to do a bulk order somewhere in order for the shipping to be viable for me ...

Know anyone who could bulk order without charging drug money and with certainty of delivery?