The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Hi everybody.

Just find a kit a searched for a long time...........

It's the "light and sound" one.

I'm Happy!

Cheers,

Jamme

Sweet Jamme, I almost bought that. I was worried about the quality. Is it the same as their other kits?

Paul

Hi Paul.

The kit itself is the same quality as the other Zero's (it's Tamiya)

The amazing stuff are the lights (position ones are blinking (if I remember), you got the lights on  the dashboard AND you got the engine sound (start, full trottle and stopping)

That's a really great kit.

It's not cheap, I payed 200€ for it, but it's really nice with the gimmicks .

Cheers,

Jamme

Very nice Jamme! I am looking for the same kit.. but I going to go with the standard version... But I will be keen to see you build this up, hopefully soon!

I think I will build it for the Pacific War GB, instead of the Wildcat.

Shall see.

Cheers,

Jamme

• Like 1

ouch!

actually i think you are safe Matt

a massive re-tooling is needed to produce the wing for this Mustang, let alone the spine of the fuselage. 

i reckon we could wait years...but you may have speeded up the process just that little bit! ;)

• Like 1

... I reckon we could wait years...but you may have speeded up the process just that little bit! ;) ...

Ahhh British Humour :D ...

So Matt has "the Golden Touch" (or Golden Wallet) does he? ... Isn't there someone over on LSP who does that with Vac Form kits? :D

Rog :)

Today ... arrived in the post ... from Japan ...

* Hasegawa 1/32 FW190A-8

* Hasegawa 1/32 FW190A-5

* Hasegawa 1/32 Messerschmitt Bf109K-4

* Hasegawa 1/32 Messerschmitt Bf109F-6/U "Galland Special"

Due to a couple of postal delays ... and the sheer number of the '2nd round of orders' ... this will conclude 'Part.2' of the 'Birthday Splurge' ...

The rest will be posted as 'Part.3' ... :D

Photo's to follow!!

Finally its here!!! Arrived into the country on Friday.... Sat in Customs till Tuesday morning as they want to know what it was! And then It was marked for Delivery since lunch time yesterday.. Finally turned up Wednesday morning!

4edf9e9a22a9075d4beecfe3c4b64476.jpg

• Like 1

This Arrived today - a gift from a good friend, Mark Adams, who went to Reno and met with Bud Anderson of "Old Crow" P-51D fame, this kind, elderly gentleman graciously signed a copy of his Memoirs personalised to me (the spelling was a bit hit and miss but with my surname, I'm used to that!).  It's a super book and complements my copy of Janes' P-51D illustrated guide which features Buds "Old Crow" Nose Art on the front cover - it will sit nicely on my bookshelf in pride of place.

OldCrow001_zps0a1fb66e.jpg

OldCrow003a_zpsf209bc32.jpg

OldCrow004_zps0f323f34.jpg

I'm extremely happy to have this generous present to read and absorb!

• Like 2

Thanks Dave & Jeroen, indeed - I'm very lucky in both senses. A friend who thought of me when the opportunity arose and the book itself. I reckon Bud Anderson's Mustang nose art must be the most famous, or close to it, of all 'Stangs. His later career in the USAAF was equally impressive.

Blimey Rog, I want your kind of birthday !!

Er ... my kind of surplus income you mean?!? :D ... The Birthday was an excuse to splurge ... That was "Pt.2" ... Pt.3 is on the way ... from USA, Japan, New Zealand and Australia over the next two weeks - stay tuned!! :D