The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

The forum I linked the pic from mentioned the movie. I've seen it so many times and remembered the Heinkels but didn't remember any

of these things. Were they not used at all or ended up on the cutting room floor? It was already a very long flick as it turned out. If they

didn't even get filmed seems like a waste of somebody's imagination / efforts

OB OT ...I got Radu's superglue applicators in the mail yesterday and one of them is being deployed to seal up the Eduard flap set

going on my Dora. I received the Xuron PE shears a couple weeks back and OMG they are so great for exact trimming of PE parts.

highly recommended if you're looking for a cool tool to try out

• Administrators

... and now ... for part.2 or 'B' or whatever ... of "Birthday Splurge Part.3" ...

With some VERY low Tamiya prices being offered by one of my favourite Aussie outlets ... I decided to grab a few while they were on sale, rather than just the 'one-or-two' I had been planning to do (I realy wanted to have a look at a Tamiya kit - never having one before!) ... and so ...

BSp9_zps81538e7d.jpg

Figuring I'd 'pair' the Corsair up with a Zero if i couldn't find a decent FAA option I elected to go with the A6M5 ... but they sent me the wrong kit in error! ... so knocking a further $20 of the sale price - and postage ... they forwarded the one I originally ordered![/size]

[/size] 

BSp10_zpsfe837200.jpg[/size]

While my contact was doing up the first order ... and knowing that this kit, too, has been discontinued ... I figured I'd snap one up ... I might not build it - but it would make a great present to someone who cant get hold of one in a few years maybe? ... who knows?[/size][/size]

[/size][/size] 

BSp6_zpsca11003c.jpg[/size][/size]

[/size]

Ok ... so the only Tamiya kit I really wanted to get wasn't actually in stock - or on sale once back in! ... Huh! ... So I went to another Aussie based Tamiya importer with low prices (not as low as the sale prices ... but not much more ... had to pay for postage though!) ... The Revell Bf109G-6 is the second one now ... I packed it in with the ZM order from the USA.[/size][/size][/size]

[/size][/size][/size] 

BSp11_zps89648ad6.jpg[/size][/size][/size]

[/size][/size]

And speaking of doubling up on kits ... There's a few OOP kits I wanted to have my hands on - multiple amounts of, too!! and so ...[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[/size][/size][/size][/size] 

BSp12_zps6f861635.jpg[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[/size][/size][/size]

Which leaves me with my Japanese contact ... who supplies me Hasegawa with a lot less pain than USA, Europe or local pricing ...[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size] 

BSp15_zps2e21949c.jpg[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

BSp16_zpsd5be467d.jpg[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

BSp17_zpsf691b9ba.jpg[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Finally my old little leather desk mat was getting on ... so I bought one of these 'u-beaut' cutting mats I've seen around ... big kits require big mats - so this ones 914mm x 609mm[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size] 

BSp18_zps50ffe1ed.jpg[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Hope you've enjoyed todays viewing!![/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Rog :)[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Man....i only wish!!!! Great purchases!!!!

A Spanish weblog ( the Dreamy Dodo ) features the Bouchon / Mustang

with this accompanying caption:

10461203286_a7dc00350b.jpg
So, it seems they were never filmed, but they DID fly...

BTW, got this kit very cheap at a Bootsale, and ordered the full BigEd set as well. 

One of these schemes would be nice: China.

10241565786_f965f99dd7_c.jpg

Some reference material found at a 2nd hand bookshop:

Do you know who offers 1/32 P-51B/C decals for the CBI?

Always wanted a 1/35 Stug so I picked this up today. Not a bad price ($45 AUD) and includes etch metal and a full set of metal side skirts. The version without the skirts was actually 5 bucks more, I dunno how that works out but when you pay about 20 bucks for an aftermarket set I think we modellers are getting screwed just a bit! I also found these decals for my 1/48 skyraider that I'd been after for years.

Stug_zpsf5271e5d.jpg

skyraiders_zps423973d0.jpg

A couple of really cool bits and peices arrived in the last week ...

1st Some decals - the first AM ones I've ever bought ... Thanks to a certain LSP'er accross the Tasman Sea ...

CuttingEdge1_zpsc4bd7d19.jpg

... and in particular some for the FW190's I have on the shelf - especially Heinz Bar's #13 Red wub.png

6f6daeb3-5143-4b82-8662-a5119bd826b8_zps

Next ... with a big thankyou to Mr.Paul Fisher - from Fisher Models fame ... some realy nice detailed undercarriage for my PCM Tempest

Fisher4_zpsf7000ca2.jpg

Fisher3_zpse8861976.jpg

... and ... also from Mr Fisher ... a couple of resin canopies for the MDC Typhoons ...

Fisher1_zps6574c473.jpg

Fisher2_zpsd6e6178f.jpg

... and finaly ... from my Japanese contact ... arriving a few days earlier than expected ...

Kits1_zpsf3386fb7.jpg

Cheers ...

Rog :)

• Like 1

A couple of days ago, two new Tamiya Spits arrived ex-east ... thought I'd grab em while the Tamiya kits were still heavily discounted ...

IMG_0342_zps1a4dfc62.jpg

My lastest delivery from Sprue (arrived this morning!!) includes a couple of 'Nowotny' A-5's ... again, heavily discounted ...

IMG_0344_zpsc3129d77.jpg

... a D-9 'Jabo' and the Hobby Boss Mk.Vb Spit ...

IMG_0343_zps129c78eb.jpg

... and some Eduard PE Schurzen for my Dragon Pz.III Ausf.M ...

IMG_0345_zpsdb0baeb2.jpg

Rog :)

• Like 1

Just delivered from HLJ

photo.jpg

Sprue inspection yields a really nice kit.  Exhausts are hollowed out...a little.  Test fit in a few weeks.  When Eduard offers PE detail/mask I will break it out.

Digital scale and metal stir sticks long awaited.

• Like 1

Which markings you going to choose?

I'm digging that dark gray Czech one...

Yup,  IF-01.  RLM 82 overall.  Love the "bubble" Erla hood.  The resin parts are really well done and the vacuform canopies are the best I have ever seen.  Am tempted to box the MDC Tiffy and throw this on the bench with my 2 190 builds.