The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Guest Kagemusha

I'd hold tight for a while, I bought both the E-3 and E-4 on ebay for about £25.

Recently received this superb kit

IMAG0430_zpsa6fb8891.jpg

already have these goodies

IMAG0432_zpsdfa3ca78.jpg

That Walrus looks interesting.

lol Brad, believe me ... it is! ... I saw it on an in box review and a build thread - a resin kit and it looks more impressive IRL - and those in that photo are my 1st three ever ... so I will be waiting until I have an abundance of time before I try building any of them!!

Rog :)

• Like 1

So there I was, out shopping with "the enemy" when I was dragged kicking and screaming into a charity shop.  Adopting the usual sulky stance when I somewhere I don't want to be when all of a sudden I spied the shop's bookshelves ... the long and the short of it is that for roughly £20 I bought these :

(Sorry for the iPhone pictures by the way) .. 

IMG_0325_zps6bf2c3bb.jpg

Some of the "Aeroplane" Magazines have some amazing articles on certain aircraft restoration and, consequently, loads of great reference pictures - at £0.69p each they were a steal:

IMG_0331JPG2_zps595a95c7.jpg

IMG_0330JPG2_zps7eaa1b5d.jpg

IMG_0327JPG2_zpsbc5c8ec1.jpg

This Spitfire book is in absolutely pristine condition and the contents aren't merely confined to the venerable Spit but also includes loads of other fighters too.

6e20a79d-ff3d-40e6-b4d7-fd1e1e324aea_zps

These enamel badges arrived in the post yesterday ... I managed to find these beautifully enamelled Luftwaffe Unit badges (I've only one of each but I will try for more soon) and I'm thinking of offering them on a new "Miscellaneous / Militaria" page on the website:

IMG_0335_zpsef94f8ca.jpg

JG-1 

enamel_luftwaffe_unit_badge_JG-1_zpsc5de

JG-3 Udet 

enamel_luftwaffe_unit_badge_JG-3_udet_zp

JG-7

enamel_luftwaffe_unit_badge_JG-7_zpsf29b 

1/JG-1  

unit_badge_1_JG-1_zps9641654e.jpg

I think they'll look nice on a plinth if you've built a model from that particular Geschwader or Gruppe,

• Like 1

Rog, are you sure you didn't buy up the surplus stock from a model store !  You ARE going to busy, to coin a phrase from Rick!

Wow.

lol Grant :D ...

Wait till you see whats coming in the mail over the next month!! ... quite a bit more than whats on here to date!! (a couple still on route from the UK, Some stuff from USA and some from over east) ... still some left in the budget though for some more kits and AM: PE, correction sets, barrels, decals and tracks!! :D although the rate of purchases will be slowing down just a tad ;)

Rog :)

• Like 1

Great aren't they - sadly numbers are limited and those are the only versions available but if there are any amongst them that you want then let me know and I'll see what I can do, the enamel is superbly done and they have a "weight" to them if you get my meaning ... they are NOT cheaply made or tacky in appearance.

Switching from Luftwaffe pins back to the Pacific GB: I bought some stuff to highlight the Dutch participation in this theatre. Since I already have Hasegawa's P-40N with the goodies I need I purchased the

HK B-25J Glass nose with the Profimodeller nose weight ( I know, not too hard to do by one's self but what's easier than putting in the right amount of weight that's already made to fit?), the Profimodeller .50 barrel set A (this set contains the flash-hiders on the fuselage-mounted .50's), the SAC landing gear (I'm not really fond of these products but I guess it's just neede to carry the weight of the kit), the HGW PE seats with belts & buckles, the Brassin wheel set and Squadron's Walk-Around. For markings I'll use Flevo Decals' set 32-008 "ML-KNIL 1942-1947 Pt. 2.

P1100551.JPG

P1100554.JPG

P1100555.JPG

P1100559.JPG

I also purchased the Special Hobby "Dutch & Japanese model 339C/D Buffalo". That one requires almost no additional aftermarket. I'll only use the aforementioned Flevo Decals to replace the orange triangles with the Dutch tricolor. After Japan commenced hostilities, this was done because it was feared that the orange triangle would be too easily confused with the Japanese Hinomaru. For background info I'll use Dutch Decal's Dutch Profile Brewster B-339C/D/23.

P1100560.JPG

P1100561.JPG

P1100562.JPG

P1100563.JPG

So it seems I have my work cut out for me!!! ;)

Switching from Luftwaffe pins back to the Pacific GB: I bought some stuff to highlight the Dutch participation in this theatre. Since I already have Hasegawa's P-40N with the goodies I need I purchased the

HK B-25J Glass nose with the Profimodeller nose weight ( I know, not too hard to do by one's self but what's easier than putting in the right amount of weight that's already made to fit?), the Profimodeller .50 barrel set A (this set contains the flash-hiders on the fuselage-mounted .50's), the SAC landing gear (I'm not really fond of these products but I guess it's just neede to carry the weight of the kit), the HGW PE seats with belts & buckles, the Brassin wheel set and Squadron's Walk-Around. For markings I'll use Flevo Decals' set 32-008 "ML-KNIL 1942-1947 Pt. 2.

So it seems I have my work cut out for me!!! ;)

Wow, you have been a busy bee  -  and will be even busier in the future.  Great choice of models there.

• Like 1

Yesterday I received the first elements of 'The Birthday Stash Splurge - Pt.2'

Just in are:

* A Dragon 1/35 Pz.IV Ausf.H (w/zimmerit)

* A HK Models 1/32 B-17G ...

Rog smile.png

Edit: P.S. ... I spoke too soon!! Another parcel arrived this morning containing:

* A Dragon 1/35 Pz.III Ausf.N (w/schurzen)

* A Dragon 1/35 Pz.IV Ausf.E (Vorpanzer)

* A Dragon 1/35 Pz.IV Jagdpanzer L/70 (w/zimmerit)

I didn't get anything so grand, but a few goodies:

In my neverending quest for good clear coats, I'm trying some from Gaia...

null_zps4283813d.jpg

One bit of AM for the Fix It Again Tony:

Some guns and PE for the Frank:

And...mask for the Revell 109:

Have UPS or the US Post Office set up their own branch at your house?? It must be a helluva well trod pathway to your front door :) 

Am really interested in what you think about those Gaia clear coats.

3 port Value for my airbrush compressor.. Just need to wait for my quick disconnects and hoselines to turn up from Pleasedshop.com

b_74546.jpg

and Barracuda F4U Engine set Upgrade, Stencils and 3 sets of F4U/Hellcat wheels.

• Like 2

Yet another element of "The Birthday splurge Pt.2" arrived today ...

* 2 x PCM Fw190A (0-3)

* PCM RAF Hurricane Mk.I (Metal Wing)

* PCM Hawker Tempest series II Mk.Vc

* Tasca Pz.Kfpw.II Ausf.L 'Luchs' (4th Pz.Div)

* Tasca Pz.Kfpw.II Ausf.L 'Luchs' (Late Version)

Rog smile.png

3 port Value for my airbrush compressor.. Just need to wait for my quick disconnects and hoselines to turn up from Pleasedshop.com

and Barracuda F4U Engine set Upgrade, Stencils and 3 sets of F4U/Hellcat wheels.

Sweet another package this afternoon.... and its my airlines from Pleasedshop!

Sweet!!! ... Love the airbrush gear! :D