The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Guest DannyVM

We'll have to start calling you 'The Head Hunter'! Very cool collection though Danny.

:lol::D:D:D that's a good one, i have to remember this:thumbsup2:

Thank's mate

Greetz

Danny

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DannyVM

i went today to the annual Lier Modeling Convention held in a little town in Belgium. Talked to great people, and again had some great time, missed some but hey, after all we are to busy with our modeling hobby isn't it.:) :) :) 

This is my score from today's visit.

Richard, from Magic Scale Modeling made me a whole LED lightning set for my F-104 Starfighter in-flight diorama. Today i am the proud owner of the very first configuration Starfighter lightning set from his company.

http://www.magicscalemodeling.com/

H5OkQXSl.jpg

VIU21GGl.jpg

I'm really fan of the dirty old Sluff's that serviced the Greek Air Force, so it was time to take some action.

nn9mT4Tl.jpg

fOL5gNAl.jpg

And off course no modeling without a decent kit

F9wB9CEl.jpg

Same go's for my idea to build a French AeroNavale Crusader.

8FH5Y24l.jpg

Also i got my two Flight Gear Collectors patches. Brand new and superb looking.

hOqtSwYl.jpg

And last but not least.............i couldn't resist

4mPFpnvl.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM
On 10-12-2017 at 11:51 PM, GusMac said:

Nice haul Danny. I'm intrigued to see how the lighting works out.

Icarus decals do some nice Greek SLUF schemes. I just picked some up off eBay very reasonably.

Thank's mate. Today i did a test run and all seem's to work fine.

mLZzDL7l.jpg

Here's a little video of how the configuration works.

l1lEm6al.mp4

Greetz

Danny

On 10 December 2017 at 3:32 PM, DannyVM said:

i went today to the annual Lier Modeling Convention held in a little town in Belgium. Talked to great people, and again had some great time, missed some but hey, after all we are to busy with our modeling hobby isn't it.:) :) :) 

This is my score from today's visit.

Richard, from Magic Scale Modeling made me a whole LED lightning set for my F-104 Starfighter in-flight diorama. Today i am the proud owner of the very first configuration Starfighter lightning set from his company.

http://www.magicscalemodeling.com/

H5OkQXSl.jpg

VIU21GGl.jpg

I'm really fan of the dirty old Sluff's that serviced the Greek Air Force, so it was time to take some action.

nn9mT4Tl.jpg

fOL5gNAl.jpg

F9wB9CEl.jpg8FH5Y24l.jpg

Ah Danny, i just LOVE the Corsair ... Somehow it looks purposeful!

Grant 

Guest DannyVM

Yesterday i bought some late Christmas presents for myself.

First, The mighty Lightning, i just love those English cold war jet's.

dvDZJGpl.jpg

And same go's for this nice piece of hardware metal, the T-55, i'm just curious about this kit, how it builds up and the quality. By the look, everything look's all ready very promising.

dm1BJ66l.jpg

Greetz

Danny

So, it's taken me a little while to post this but here are my modelling related presents from my wife and kids

DSCF4291.thumb.JPG.7c8f7ff88835983adf2a691119d801ba.JPG

I've always preferred the bubble top Spits (I know I'm weird!) so I'm looking forward to that one as much as anything as it'll be easier to handle than the jets I've done recently.

Haven't made much progress on the books but on an initial glance they look great.

Cheers, Gus

• Like 1

A great family you have, blessed with good tast (or the necessary hints :D),

as I have a soft spot for "domed" birds my "buying finger" is hovering now and then above the button to get one myself. To make it a little bit more uneasy I have an 1/48 Eduard one in my stash with all the Brassin goodies and some tin to bend, but I'm still tempted.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 1

Look what the correos (post) was dropping today. I bought some hours of lifetime (modelling time) for some extre Euros and recieved the already assembled Tracks from AK. That will make the future build of my Dragon T-34/76 or my SU-85 from Miniart a lot more relaxed :).

P1130923.thumb.JPG.f57437199ff000a4ec63f5d4d2e5081c.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DannyVM

Lately, my new purchases are mostly flight gear related. Again......today i received my newest acquisition.....

A brand new ZsH-5A helmet with KM-34 oxygen mask.

ag4XVRvl.jpg

Not only the helmet and mask was included in the deal, also the wooden store box, and the accessoires that where included in the box, inclusief the certificates with the production date and the moisture indicator.

3JjMdHjl.jpg

EfnaeZNl.jpg

rq8dDpIl.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Very cool Danny. Another 'head' for the cabinet!

My Russian is non-existent but all the extras look a real bonus.

Thank's, same for me, don't understand anything of the Russian text, but some are translated by a Russian guy, so i know the meaning.

Very nice Danny, your collections is certainly growing. I received my blank Spitfire instrument panel last week (scale 1.1), that will represent a RNethAF Mk IX. Spent some time yesterday screwing in the original instruments. Would make a nice display at home.

Cheers

Cees

Hi Danny, nice haul.

the meaning of the russian might be a warning message, that you could gain hallucinations by viewing at the torquise cockpit color for more than an hour :D, but my russian is a no show as well.

@Cees, cant wait to see a 1:1 Spit scratch build, that would be a first and truly Large Scale Modelling ;).

Cheers Rob

Guest DannyVM

Very nice Danny, your collections is certainly growing. I received my blank Spitfire instrument panel last week (scale 1.1), that will represent a RNethAF Mk IX. Spent some time yesterday screwing in the original instruments. Would make a nice display at home.

Cheers

Cees

Indeed, a little bit at the time. Wow Spitfire IP, very nice, pic's please.....

Hi Danny, nice haul.

the meaning of the russian might be a warning message, that you could gain hallucinations by viewing at the torquise cockpit color for more than an hour :D, but my russian is a no show as well.

Thank's Rob,

:lol: indeed that could be a real bummer if you sit in such a cockpit hihihi.

Greetz

Danny

Eh no, this is just my own pleasure (just as the Hampden and Halifax cockpits, although due to size they couldn't be placed in our apartment :(:lol:). The panel will be placed in the "study" and all instruments are safe.

Cees