The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Revell Beaufighter TF X conversion

I agree, very clean and sharp Cees - must be the beer!

I really am looking forward to seeing this come along further. The brutish ugliness is still an attractive feature of the Beaufighter for me, as we said.

• Like 1

Minor update,

Oops forgot the beercan again, next time.

Been muddling in the cockpit area, the early Eduard etched set really makes a difference. Odd bits from the

sparesbox and some "Gizmology" (quoting Shep Paine here) makes the rear a bit more interesting, not

that anything can be seen anyway. Some wiring in the starboard half also gives a bit of life there.

Who can spot the Matchbox Spitfire 24 bit here?

Cheers

Cees

image_zps6dc949c1.jpg

image_zpsc21ba6f5.jpg

image_zps6dc949c1.jpg

• Like 3

Ah!  That's what it is!!  Thanks Cees, I've been puzzled over it everytime I see the innards of the Beau.  Clever use of the straw Cees ... I do love what you're doing with this - so clean, so neat ... so accurate.

Update time,

The "Gizmology" process has been finished. Now the fun starts. First stage colouring in, this is the first coat and has some

rough edges here and there. The second stage will see some cleaner brushwork (I hope).

If all goes well the fuselage can be closed soon hopefully.
Cheers

Cees

image_zpsdfd05adf.jpg

• Like 3

Jeroen,

Yes, it has. I had a different seat at first witch already had a sutton harness and was left over from a stalled

Buffalo kit. I found the other seat from the same kit in the spares box and it had a square form, much better

Than the rounded shape, it had to be reduced in height but looks more like the Beau's Observer/gunner

Version. After final painting both seats get sutton harnesses.

Cees

Cees,

I love seeing a old Revell kit having justice done to it.Outstanding job bringing an old kit up to todays standards my friend. Very very impressive skill and craftsmanship are apparent here. I'll be following closely and taking notes as I have the same kit gathering dust in the stash. Keep up the grand work.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Another update,

The seams have been roughly sanded. I used sellotape to keep the halves tight together as these old kits can have

some dodgy fitting. The sellotape left much residue which needs to be cleaned off later. After cleaning I need to further

rescribe the fuselage and then it's time to fit the tail, progress is progressing heh heh ^_^

Cees

image_zpsad999348.jpg

• Like 2

Some more,

The fuselage has been rescribed, which is not easy with such a whale like shape. Fin fillet needs some work, probably some

Mr Sufacer is needed to even things out.

The tailplanes have been fitted to, not easy as they fought me all the way. Especially the dihedral gave me fits. The original

stance I did was too V-shaped and it looked like a rocket. That's the problem with these kits, nothing

fits. After this a shake and bake kit would work wonders.

Can in situ, cat not. she was harrassing the local cat-population.

Cees

image_zps4b1f2013.jpg

• Like 3

About Mr Surfacer, I have never used it. Can anyone tell me if it can be applied by brush. The plan

Is to simulate a fin fillet which looks slightly thicker than the surrounding area. I have the 1000 type.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cees

Anyone?

Spent two hours sanding down the joints on the tailplane. Elevators have been removed for cleaning up and later

Having them set set an identical angle (they were'nt).

Seems (pun intended) that I seem(oops) to be sanding such kits together. Wonder why I always take the masochistic route.

Must make it easier for myself. But I'm getting there in the end, I hope.

Cees

• Like 1