The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bronco 1:35 Fieseler Fi-103 RE-4 Reichenberg - DONE

JG26

Hi All,

Throwing my hat into the ring with this "Wonder Weapon".....On it's way as we speak. Buzz Buzz Buzzzzz........dead silence..........BOOM!

143269-10244_zpsgzg9hdqf.jpg

300px-Reichenberg_1945_zpsgpwza3rt.jpg

You can almost read their thoughts....."Cor Blimey....those mad Jerries....."

Regards,

Dan M

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

Suicide Doodlebug update - construction done, in primer. 100% OOTB on this one, I did think about adding some extra detail here & there, but will save that effort for if I decide to do another V1 down the track....The trolley had some tubing hollowed out, but that's about it.

20151121_172040-1_resized_zpsxpb61snm.jp

20151121_171900-1_resized_zpshtesda3d.jp

I even found a camo scheme I like...although on an unmanned "blunt nose" V1 -

an013742_laverton_500_zpszjdzzb4o.jpg

Interesting caption with the photo -

"Corporal W. Grundy of Semaphore, South Australia standing beside a captured Fieseler Fi 103, FZG 76 at Laverton, RAAF base, Victoria, Australia"

I wonder where it is today....my guess, reincarnated as a Hyundai or similiar.....

Next up, paint on!

Regards,

Dan M

• Like 2

Another small update gents,

Belly/sides finished in a mix of RLM 76 (XF23 Blue + White + XF-19 Sky Grey) after having a quick chat with R.Riese this morning, clearcoated in Tamiya X22, allowed to dry off then hit with a couple of coats of hairspray. Plan being, to have the green sides & top chipped/scratched/scuffed having the RLM 76 peeking through (as per pics I'm working off) via the "hairspray technique".

Also added some wear & tear to the belly with Buff & gunze Chocolate - the idea being this beast has been lying around for quite some time... After doing a spot of reseach it appears the V1's were mainly made of rolled steel sheet. Time for armour-style weathering!

Some of the panel lines appear sanded flat - rest assured, they're still there, they should pop straight back out when the washes are laid on.

20151122_132704-1_resized_zpsghdz8h3s.jp

Jim - Ummmm........I must confess, I don't think I did any "in progress pics".....whoops.....only a dozen or so parts in this girl, I forgot that bit! :rolleyes:

Next up - camo on.....itching to lay some weathering on!

Regards,

Dan M

• Like 1

I have built this exact kit. Nice fit and detail is ok-ish. But if you place it alongside the very accurate HPH version.... It is way undersized. About 2 cm shorter.

This is a link to my old Bronco build:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=28541

The difference between 1/35 and 1/32?....

Another Doodlebuggin' update.....

Main colours on - the greens appear far brighter than in the flesh. Gunze colours used for the RLM 81 BraunViolett wings, 82 HellGrun fuslelage & 83 DunkelGrun nose/warhead. Pulse jet tubing end overlaid with several layers of Tamiya flesh, tan, grey etc to simulate "test firings".....perhaps just a tad of artistic licence again.... ;)

20151126_115430-1_resized_zpst3efsxw2.jp

20151126_114920-1_resized_zpsbxwigwxy.jp

20151126_115635-1_resized_zpsouz7nj3o.jp

Next up - the best bit. Chipping, washes, filth etc etc.......

Regards,

Dan M

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...