The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

well, sonofabit..

rkranias

Curtiss Helldivers SB2C, as mentioned by Roger in another thread. It really looks like HPH has been ramping up there design en production speed. They are now one of the few companies that produce at least 1 or 2 1/32 scale subjects a year. And all pretty unique models no bigger manufacturer dares to tackle.

• Administrators

Right - was reading up on them in a very interesting article linked from within the HPH website ( and originally featured on DetailScaleView ) about their ongoing

projects and production methods - they are very active, in 1/32 but in other scales too. A 1/8 scale Hornet, or Phantom...? Or any plane you want

in any scale on a special order ( big-buck customers only, of course ).

Imagine a very big B70 Valkyrie kit in 1/48..., or a massive resin 1 piece 1/48 Concorde, both packed in Ikea-size boxing...

Lots of other projects coming our way, by the look of it.

Here's the link: http://www.detailscaleview.com/2014/12/hph-models-factory-tour.html

I spoke to Mirek from HPH this weekend at Telford and he showed me the plans for a 1/32 Me323 Gigant.........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SB2C_HpH_1.jpg

"

I gave Erik an opportunity to take a look at my recently acquired HpH Me410.  As Erik fondled the parts he was explaining to his sons this was a quality kit short run with incredible detail.

Then the words, "this kit is hideously expensive!" rolled out of his mouth.  Unknown to Erik, my wife was standing behind him."  

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/2895-thrown-under-the-bus/?hl=caught#entry39250

:sofa:

• Like 2

"

I gave Erik an opportunity to take a look at my recently acquired HpH Me410.  As Erik fondled the parts he was explaining to his sons this was a quality kit short run with incredible detail.

Then the words, "this kit is hideously expensive!" rolled out of his mouth.  Unknown to Erik, my wife was standing behind him."  

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/2895-thrown-under-the-bus/?hl=caught#entry39250

That was a great moment, every modelers gotcha.  Truly enjoyed your visit, such a fun evening.   BTW, the Bench Ban continues....

• Like 2

"

That was a great moment, every modelers gotcha.  Truly enjoyed your visit, such a fun evening.   BTW, the Bench Ban continues....

Did you grab the bus's rego plate details? (the one you were thrown under?) :D ... you may be able to recover some of the cost in accident claims!

Rog :)

• Like 1

Curtiss Helldivers SB2C, as mentioned by Roger in another thread. It really looks like HPH has been ramping up there design en production speed. They are now one of the few companies that produce at least 1 or 2 1/32 scale subjects a year. And all pretty unique models no bigger manufacturer dares to tackle.

Am sworn to secrecy, but they've another American built twin on the way (NOT the C.47/DC.3!) ... I can tell you - I cannot wait for this one!! ... a bigger manufacturer SHOULD have tackled it - and HpH should make some serious dough of it ... even at their prices!

Rog :)