The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

a D out of a G.... HK's B-17 conversion

15 hours ago, GazzaS said:

That is some impressive work, Craig!  Hope you have a big tube of aluminum polish for later.

Thanks Gazza! Yeah polishing is going to be bit of a mission, especially handling it so it doesn't end up covered in fingerprints!

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Craig

Amazing progress as always and she sure is looking the part.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter! Slowly getting there. Little by little ;) 

Cheers,

Craig

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Happy New Year Everyone!

Not sure what crack Dami87 is on, but I'm still continuing progress on the panel work. I've pretty much finished the LH side as much as I can, now working my way forward on the right. As I move forward, I'm also now able to tackle some more complex and challenging pieces such as the radio room fairing and turtle deck.

Enjoy!

17/11

17/11

30/12

7/1

7/1

7/1

Cheers,

Craig

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since I posted here. Just thought I'd let you guys know the project is still ongoing :) 

6/3

6/3

9/4/22

21/4-2

24/4

I'm currently working to finish the bomb bay, and once that's done I can finally get the tail on. 

Enjoy the pics :)

Craig

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hi Craig,

some 5 years ago I was discussing your build with Wolf and we both came to mutual conclusion, that this is a long run project, but the result will be no less , than museum quality build. It's happening :)

Cheers

Martin

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Hi Craig,

some 5 years ago I was discussing your build with Wolf and we both came to mutual conclusion, that this is a long run project, but the result will be no less , than museum quality build. It's happening :)

Cheers

Martin

Thanks very much Martin! Definitely a huge compliment coming from both of you :). Amazing how time flies.... I'd say this may very well come close to a 10 year project. There's always things I could have done better, but it's taught me some valuable lessons along the way.....

• Like 3