The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell Spitfire IX in 322 Sqn markings

That is a truly nice looking Spit with a very nice and convincing overall appearance, achieved on a (in my opinion) very medicore kit. Among other things the wheels do not look right and the bombs and racks and intakes and flaps are relatively crude. I understand that it is an comission build straight OOB, but sometimes I think there goes to much effort into building, correcting, painting and weathering into a kit that has so many limitations, but this is just my thinking.

Nonetheless, you squeezed the shaky frame and nailed it :).

Cheers Rob 

• Like 1

Great! You pulled the rivet detail out very convincingly, nice affects on the staining too . it really looks the part.  And you say a pleasure to build enough said. 

I have started mine, I will pop a little extra detail and correction as you have no big deal. 1st spit

• Like 1

Thanks, I used Flory wash black and brown. I love these washes as you can play with them endlessly and choose where to keep the dirt and where not.

The kit obviously isn't in the same class as Tamiya's but with some work a good result can be achieved. The wheels and doors really need to be replaced, and

the legs shortened as they are fully extended. I found out later having fitted the two bombs which should pose a considerable load on the legs:D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, One-Oh-Four said:

Nice, Cees! Didn't 322 fly Mk.XVI's (e-wing) with that scheme?

Hi Erik.

You are of course correct. The model depicts a mk XVI and to be correct the wings should be radically modified to represent the e-wing with the inboard .50 and outboard 20 mm Hispano cannon. As this was a commission build the client wanted the model out of the box. I was happy to oblige.

Cheers

Cees

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...