The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WnW DH9.a Ninak

• Administrators

That just looks so frickin amazing! Only the Brits could produce something looking so utilitarian.

Still say that's the best PC10 finish I've seen, and those racks are fantastic :151_41_44_712.06380630013627764

Too bad you're not a brit!  :D

Aye lad, he's from t'oop noorth' !  and they're known as soft skin coveters

It's a beautiful model Jeroen, you've done an amazing job mate and the bomb racks are sublime.  

As a design - it DOES looks like some mechanic has just decided to take the front end of a car and add some items other people have said are essential like ... wings but b*gger any "design" concept !

• Like 2

• Administrators

Marvelous Jeroen! I like that very much! Despite work you seem to make good progress. Are you going to weather her a bit more or will she stay like this? That color richness is truly beautiful!

Hi Jeroen, thnx! Replicating your SE5 gunsight noe for the Ninak. She will be heavily weathered. Exhaust and oil stains. Dirt. Scratches. Studying photo's now for the right effect / amount ;)

• Like 1

• Administrators

All WW1 models are not small ;) She's looking really good, and you get a good sense of perspective on the Ninak's size too.

What do you use as a final finish? (varnish etc?)

That looks brilliant Jeroen, the staining on the tail is subtle and superb ... I wish I knew how you did it.

Yeah, I can relate; work is driving me nuts at the moment .. trying to keep up with everything on the forum, reading model related stuff everyday, handling models, kits, accessories etc is really tough   :D

• Administrators

This build is keeping me on my toes.

Small slow steps and I keep checkin my references. There are a couple of subtle changes between various scheme's.

I'm putting the struts and top wing on. Ready for rigging...

null_zpsaef071a2.jpg

null_zpseeac075c.jpg

Since I live about 5 km from the Aviation Mega Store I go there almost every weekend. Just like Cees. And Rick Martens before he moved to ze German border :)

Here's a pic:

null_zps0870d600.jpg

Oh and those boxes in front are the HPH Catalina...

Yup as far as I know.

My wallet is very happy since I moved to ze German Border ;)

Wish I knew and I would of sent some funds to Jeroen!! Oh well... I think I only have another 4-6 weeks to wait from HPH..

and the NINAK is looking fantastic Jeroen!