The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WnW DH9.a Ninak

nooo.... i woke up in the middle of the night and there he was. Standing next to my bed only wearing a pair of brown knickerbockers.

That's James for you...

<< Shudder >> NO !!!!! You swine!!, you've planted a seriously bizarre image in my mind .... << shudder >>

• Like 2

Now the monkey comes out of the sleeve.........

Cees

What??? Is that a Dutch saying or is it code ... "The Swans fly in circles in autumn"

Anyway... I agree with Jeroen V, we need to know how you painted it.  It looks terrific

My suggestion would be to ban the L-word and only use 'cowhide'...  ;)

So: Jeroen, pray tell us how your realistic burgundy red cowhide finish came about...

George

LMAO !!

(it could be PVC .. you never know these days)

• Administrators

Geeeeeez guys! I've been away two days and utter mayhem breaks out! This really 'walks out of the hand' :)

I simply sprayed a base of some different shades of light brown Mr Hobby color. Then dotted some artist oils and went berzerk with a flat brush lightly dipped in terpentine.

When it starts to dry I use a harder flat brush to obtain the thin lines and streaks. Then sprayed some very light dark grey to get some stained wood.

Soo.... Who's going to Heiden on Sunday??

• Like 2

Geeeeeez guys! I've been away two days and utter mayhem breaks out! This really 'walks out of the hand' :)

I simply sprayed a base of some different shades of light brown Mr Hobby color. Then dotted some artist oils and went berzerk with a flat brush lightly dipped in terpentine.

When it starts to dry I use a harder flat brush to obtain the thin lines and streaks. Then sprayed some very light dark grey to get some stained wood.

Soo.... Who's going to Heiden on Sunday??

Yup, "moi"

There's a Dutch "cowhide"-boy who wears shades and a "talking eh...ah... hum... female part" and has a horse's head in his avatar that I'll be carpooling with. Not to forget a daft geezer who likes to scratchbuild Handley Pages will be there too....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Thnx guys! Managed to close the cockpit framing.

As usual with Wingnut kits you need to first carefully remove paint on the fitting areas. The fit is that tight.

718EF4A7-EBA7-4E1C-A743-A3A874A17056-408

D2E05340-3490-4590-90C3-0EDEBD847607-408

Time for a drink.

James! Pass me the Cava will you?

• Like 1