The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa 1/8 Scale Sopwith Camel

Hi.

I am new to LSM and ended up here after being tremendously enthused by seeing the above mentioned kit in a model shop in Umhlanga, South Africa at an exorbitant price.

Looking to acquire this kit and thought I would start here.I would appreciate any pointers to a kit waiting a loving owner somewhere.

I finished Tamiya's 1/32 F14 Tomcat a while ago which I am seriously chuffed about and would like to compare my finished plane with any other builders.

Looking forward to feedback.

Best regards

Sopwith Camel 1:8th scale.pdf

• Like 4

Well I checked..and OMG.... They are SO blinking expensive.. 

Check this out.     :secret:

AVIATION : 1/8 SCALE SOPWITH CAMEL F.1 MODEL KIT MADE BY HASEGAWA | eBay
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVIATION-1-8-SCALE-SOPWITH-CAMEL-F-1-MODEL-KIT-MADE-BY-HASEGAWA/202178259635?epid=1723283538&hash=item2f12c36ab3:g:N7UAAOSwKwVaUo0k

There are So many 8n this scale on E- bay THAT MY flabber has been gasted!!!

:ph34r:

This is it's description...

eBay
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=202178259635&category=774&pm=1&ds=0&t=1515360226000&ver=0&cspheader=1

• Like 1

• Administrators

Welcome, welcome, welcome Andre.

I’ve owned a couple over the years and still have one to this day. They’re great kits but are as complicated as they seem to be.

8 will warn you that none of them are completely accurate with the internals, although the Camel is by far the most accurate. You will need to do some modifications to the cockpit internals and the tail feathers own internal structure if you building it uncovered and want 100% accurate structure. But if you just want a fabulous looking model that’s 95% correct internally, the Camel’s worth every penny you pay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 7:51 AM, Clunkmeister said:

Welcome, welcome, welcome Andre.

I’ve owned a couple over the years and still have one to this day. They’re great kits but are as complicated as they seem to be.

8 will warn you that none of them are completely accurate with the internals, although the Camel is by far the most accurate. You will need to do some modifications to the cockpit internals and the tail feathers own internal structure if you building it uncovered and want 100% accurate structure. But if you just want a fabulous looking model that’s 95% correct internally, the Camel’s worth every penny you pay.

Thank Clunkmeister. I have just started unpacking and familiarising myself with the kit. Whooaaww!! I am a stickler with detail that's authentic, so thank you for your advice. Noted!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 9:05 AM, MARU 5137 said:

Well I Went a googling and igkibg the Tinternet. E -BAY gas quite a few to sell but the prices range between $500 to almost $1000.what about 1:32 Scale to start with ..

Did you find anything?:rofl:

Yup, indeed. See pic of me and newly aquired kit. Happy camper!

Me and my Sop!!.pdf

• Like 1

Harv, same here, can’t open the pdf’s.

The Camel is an awesome kit and looks fantastic. I’ve often thought of dedicating a year or more to a single project and somehow, 1/200 ships keep coming to the top of my list. Of course I keep telling myself such thoughts are nuts and the odds are it will always remain just a thought. 

Peter

• 11 months later...

A bit late to the party as usual...

I love the Hasegawa kit, and am lucky enough to have built two of them.

It is one of the most satisfying kits I've built. I really enjoyed the working in different media to complete it.

I blogged my builds if it's any help...

1st build

https://mbiqmodels.com/2014/10/12/sopwith-camel-f1-hasegawa-18-part-1-clerget-9b-rotary-radial-engine/

2nd Build

https://mbiqmodels.com/2017/02/02/sopwith-camel-f1-2nd-build-hasegawa-18-part-1/