The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

what is the best 1/35 kit of T-90?

Martinnfb

Hi Guys,

I haven't build any armour for approximately 10 years. However this forum sparked a new way of interest in mud movers . Recently I've learn that motha Russia supplied new T-90 (A) to Syria in order to provide for us some new inspirational wear and tear scenarios .

My question is, what is the most true to scale T-90 kit? I know about about Zvezda, Trumpeter,Meng and Tiger Hobbies. Disregarding the sub variant, I am curious to know what you think?

Thank you in advance

Martin

look at those guys driving around with open hatches :), good luck with activating the Shtora system

• Like 1

Hi Martin, I almost finished my MENG T-90 and liked it a lot. I made a building thread right here in LSM T-90 build that might give you some insight about my thoughts with that kit. I cannot provide a comparison with the competitors but read an article comparing the Trumpeter and the Meng Kit buildwise In Abrams Squad No. 3. They liked the MENG one a little bit more. 

https://www.plaeditions.com/287-thickbox_default/abrams-squad-03-castellano.jpg

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Thank You Phil, yeah I spent last night browsing on Brit-modeller, Missing Lynx etc, also checked out some Russian reviews too. I ended up with inconclusive result. Partially gravitating towards Meng/cast turret.

What a nice build Rob, thank you for sharing. I think I will go most likely with the Meng kit. There were some concerns about the positioning of the turret , but I will see once I drop it on my blueprints. 

I will keep you posted guys, thank you again.

Cheeers

M.

• Like 2

I'm not that deep into rivet counting, so I never matched blueprints. The Meng one definitely has the looks of a T-90 and mine will be covered with mud, snow and ice to hide potential kit rrrors :D. If you want to build a Syrian one you have to dig deep into the references, because there is only dust to disguise.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

If you do a well used one, you should think about going the extra mile and add the Tetra Works rubber skirts. The SKP lenses are really nice too. Extra tracks are not really needed, as the provided ones are well detailed, robust and are sagging bueno and all your reference pics show them without the rubber pads, which makes life a little easier.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I can faintly recall those funny T-72/T-80 TOW PK sheets - kill probability/aspect angle, damage category percentage (CAT/MOB/FP/COMMO), etc.

Ordered a Tiger-Model T-90MS last night. I'm eager to see how it compares to the Meng kits. 

A Meng T-64BV... Wouldn't that be nice?

2db6c865a2db76211dc66b6781eb8765--tank.j

• Like 2