The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HGW seatbelt assembly

harv

Harv, do these pics help at all? These are the instructions from Wako for their US belts.  I used these for my belts as the HGW ones ddidn't make any sense to me.

IMG_20180926_134054-XL.jpg

IMG_20180926_134101-XL.jpg

DSC_0083-XL.jpg

DSC_0084-XL.jpg

As the part numbers aren't the same, I used the parts layout diagram to match up and compare the two different belts. Also, HGW don't give you enough buckles and belts to make a full complement of belts. Go figure. 

If you need more help, let me know. 

Carl

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Thanks Harv, I probably won't bother, but I sure do like the idea of leaving the buckle on the fret, I think Carl mentioned that a long while ago, on one of his older builds, I tried it and it sure works

I think that leaving the PE on the fret while you thread material is the single best tip for working with harnesses!

• Like 2

Just now, Bill_S said:

I think that leaving the PE on the fret while you thread material is the single best tip for working with harnesses!

I totally agree, when I read that is was an "Ah-HA" ( cue the angels signing) moment for me....

• Like 2

Leaving the buckles on the fret is a big help. If you look at the pictures on the instructions I posted, you'll see that Wako even lays out their fret in a way to make it easier to do so. It's too bad we can't get HGW to do something similar.

One other thing you may want to do. I usually paint the backside of the belts as they're usually white. This helps with jumbled up look. It's also easier to paint them while they're still attached. 

Carl

• Like 2

• Administrators

HGW belts are truly amazing. I use Radu’s as well, but ahagaw (typo, but for Harv: HGW. I sure love autocorrect) has belts for everything, and they look awesome when done.

Carl filled me in on the leaving the buckles on the frets, and it’s taken 95% of the stress out of assembly.

• Like 2