The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Slug is right. 

On 4/8/2024 at 10:24 PM, Martinnfb said:

I’m actually thinking about these. 

IMG_2549.jpeg

Me likey! They remind me of the Enkeis I had on my '06 Civic. 

RCphotos-099-1-L.jpg

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Added pics
  • Like 2

Don’t let that urethane dry out!  It will sound like a pack of mice squeaking down the road.  I used them on a Samurai I once had.  Had me install them with a sticky, nasty black moly lube that was like gorilla snot.  Took days to get that crap off my fingers.  But the upside was they never went dry. 

You’re not going to recognize the ride as your car when you’re done.   I remember when I did my first spring install on my ‘95.  It went from feeling like I was driving on top of a beach ball to a go-cart. 

• Like 3

Know exactly what to expect, :)  S197 as it should come out from the production line.  If you look closely , you might notice the PTFE tape around them. An old trick that I learned when II was obsessing about my fox body. Never dries, never squeaks , naturally there will be zerk fittings installed at some point. I believe Maximum Motorsport makes the correct brackets. Since I was in there Ihave ordered a set of front end links as well to complement the proper function of the FSB.

• Like 3

Car... bike ...bike.... car thread ???

I've been off doing anything other than modelling recently  , 3 stalled / failed builds .... I need a break , probs too much time on line as well . 🙃

Bought this 1979 GS 1000L , US Import - we didn't get this model in the UK . I last had a GS1000S in 1994 ...it was only 14 years old then . This one is now 45 . ..Being so old it's inspection exempt and taxes free. 

Needed a lot of maintenance, been sat a good long while 4-10 years , so been working my way through it . New fluids everywhere , new tyre ( last pair were old enough to vote) , chain and sprockets up next. Numerous fixings / cleanings, some small electrics , and just getting out and running it . Amazing how machines 'come around' when you use them daily. Plan is to run it over summer and consider a restoration during winter. 

Huge Grin / Nostalgia factor here , the ride is laid back but with some power , delivery being lazy rather than on / off as with younger bikes . Sounds and smells like a real bike to me .

Keep up the glueing - I'll be back at some point! 

cheerz 

PW 

temp-Image0elp-Z7.avif

temp-Image-Dsux-VQ.avif

temp-Image-IM3-Np-I.avif

temp-Imagejc-Vq-Mu.avif

• Like 7

That's really cool bike. I fully understand the plastic break, I was in the same position for a bit as well. However post some progress pictures please  and share the restoration achievements  :). In September a friend of mine wanted to give me Bandit 1200, but that would mean more hospital time or certain death. Needless to say, that bike fits me really nicely 😈

• Like 4

Rear sway bar just arrived from powder coating. So pretty:)

and then THE FAMOUS GORILLA SNOT. 
just like Scott said, it’s like a marine grease on steroids 

IMG_3193.jpeg

IMG_3194.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

My sons latest adventure……

As you may remember my son is involved in building high end restomod vintage Corvettes.  Just recently he branched out making “wall art” from Corvette back ends.  This one is his first….

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/chevrolet-c7-corvette-wall-art-3/

IMG_1400.thumb.jpeg.0e0df2a8269f0c0e1f463b73ea36e247.jpeg

Being a Corvette owner for over 30 years and having two of them in my garage…. This is REALLY cool.  I hope he does more if them. I wish him great success 

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:13 AM, ScottsGT said:

Hey Jeff, here’s the latest photo on the ‘67 he’s building.

IMG_1401.thumb.jpeg.25db93055141e42d3eb7ff4ee69cd1f0.jpeg

That is SO cool !!! I have room too. Just have to move one over

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 8:13 AM, ScottsGT said:

Hey Jeff, here’s the latest photo on the ‘67 he’s building.

IMG_1401.thumb.jpeg.25db93055141e42d3eb7ff4ee69cd1f0.jpeg

Looks like an early C-4 under the cover behind and a C4 ZR1 on the other lift......

• Like 2

Rear end is all buttoned up. For now. Diff cover will be replaced with aluminum one with drain plug soon. 
IMG_3215.thumb.jpeg.a5a4db96cf356e36b75fe162cb7f0887.jpegIMG_3218.thumb.jpeg.2b6aa3dfd6f17936f57d48537c377867.jpegIMG_3216.thumb.jpeg.3e13ed0990a1d067443dee5f4465bf71.jpeg

… the rubber bits as a grim reminder of an ominous slug of death  …  wait what!?

IMG_3219.thumb.jpeg.7041526cc8aa7faad2ab39f8c66cd722.jpeg

• Like 3