The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Administrators
11 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

See, I’m thinking Christine.  I know, off by a year, but close enough. 

IMG_1365.jpeg.a82ae3fdfb4fdaf33a864d5606db9d31.jpeg

I’d love to rock one of these around town.  

Well, it LOOKS like a 58…. The 58 has the quad headlights, they were still illegal in 57

• Like 3

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Dodge all the way! The styling and colour combo wins.

Same here.  That Lancer is just COOL.  Both cars share the same body shell and roofline, but the front and rear end treatment are totally different. 
The Super D500 with its Hemi is a real tire scorcher. You haven’t lived until you hear a Big Block Mopar inhaling through 8 battle carburetion.  Hearing that dual quad “ring” is music to a gearhead’s ears.  Twin striped of rubber for 300 ft, and then sit back, hang on, and shut up.  
Talk about one serious rapid transit system.

• Like 3

• Administrators
21 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Impressive scenery! You just don’t get that in the UK 

You too can experience this amazing scenery.  It simply requires the purchase of a ticket with your friendly neighborhood British Airlines seller. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

You too can experience this amazing scenery.  It simply requires the purchase of a ticket with your friendly neighborhood British Airlines seller. 

Excellent. , and Martin will put me up  to save on the hotel ?  Awesome offer will be  on skyscanner today 😄 I’ll bring a few mates as well 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few updated pics on the ‘67 Corvette my sons building. It’s a the painters right now, and she is awesome! 
IMG_9782.thumb.jpeg.703f932ef62a07e006e423bd2c3cc173.jpeg

outside

IMG_5874.thumb.jpeg.b6a347c63eb19c7d832feb7051926f70.jpeg

IMG_5871.thumb.jpeg.eb24798b57c0a7955aa99a6ec435c06e.jpeg

this is the BOTTOM of the hood. 
IMG_1379.thumb.png.f794451885385c6ee9d06cba0688f9e6.png

IMG_1380.thumb.png.0cd73ee42892590b24053afc60d6d0eb.png

Between the painters Instagram and the suppliers he’s buying parts from posting it on their website and social media, and his Instagram as well, this build is getting a lot of attention.  Their talk of it being on display at the next SEMA in Vegas at the Mecum Auction booth.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Yes…as my son put it, “The reserve price just went higher.” 

Almost looks like Milano Maroon but I think I know better. My dream ride was and still is a ‘67 L71 4 spd coupe. But even those are out of reach for the regular guy. But I am still really happy with my ‘93 full load LT1 coupe and my ‘03 50th Anniversary roadster. Still give me lots of fun in the sun. I LOVE what your son does. Corvettes are a special kind all unto themselves. Takes a special kind of guy to bring them to this level. Keep us up to date on this beauty. And SEMA wow that’s awesome. Congrats to him.  I know how hard that is to get in to .

Jeff

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

There's something very special about Corvettes, especially the earlier generations. Lots of potential to brutalize it in a pro-touring fashion. 

Thats very true and yes restomods are cool and probably the best ride possible for the C1,2&3. But I an a little bit of a purist and like the way the General built them. As much as I would LOVE  the 67 L71 I know I sure wouldn’t go very far in it. BUT the replica C2 GS is a much different story.  THAT would be cool. 

365_main_l.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Thats very true and yes restomods are cool and probably the best ride possible for the C1,2&3. But I an a little bit of a purist and like the way the General built them. As much as I would LOVE  the 67 L71 I know I sure wouldn’t go very far in it. BUT the replica C2 GS is a much different story.  THAT would be cool. 

365_main_l.jpg

The purest are a dying breed.  Had a discussion yesterday with my son about this.  They won’t touch a numbers matching car to restomod because A. Too rare and valuable these days. And B, just too much to buy one to sink another $150k-$200k into.  They did get a line on someone that has collections of basket cases they can buy.  All they want is the body with the VIN and a title.  They resell or trade back the OEM frames, drivetrain, and any other parts they pull off and replace with custom aftermarket.  And this helps out the guys restoring vette’s back to original.  
But they are focusing on ‘67 and ‘63 cars right now.  They have a split window at another body shop and a ‘67 vert in a different shop. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

The purest are a dying breed.  Had a discussion yesterday with my son about this.  They won’t touch a numbers matching car to restomod because A. Too rare and valuable these days. And B, just too much to buy one to sink another $150k-$200k into.  They did get a line on someone that has collections of basket cases they can buy.  All they want is the body with the VIN and a title.  They resell or trade back the OEM frames, drivetrain, and any other parts they pull off and replace with custom aftermarket.  And this helps out the guys restoring vette’s back to original.  
But they are focusing on ‘67 and ‘63 cars right now.  They have a split window at another body shop and a ‘67 vert in a different shop. 

Yeah, I keep getting told I'm old.... only on the out side, on the inside I'm still 21.. LOL!! I think that's why I like the pure old school rides, BUT that is not to say your son is dead on... basket cases are fair game, and those are the ones that can and should be the restomods, as they need the vin... on the other hand , if they had a vin, then with today's products and skills like your son has, then maybe a full restoration??  Not many real original numbers matching cars are out there that aren't in museums or private collections, never to be driven again.... which is sad, but I get that too, last thing a guy would want is for some half wit to pile into is or DOOR DING it....I know mine aren't anything really special, but I am still very careful with them. I think what your son is doing is absolutely phenomenal, and his skills are fantastic.... absolutely nothing wrong with what he is doing...amazing craftsmanship. C-2's are the best body style, I recall not all that long ago the '64 was the least popular, only small block, and drum brakes.... could get them for a song,.....  not now.... tell your son, from a 50 year love affair and a 31 year owner to keep going , his art work is well appreciated....

Jeff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

365_main_l.jpg

If you don't mind small scale, Accurate Miniatures did a 1/24 Grand Sport Corvette model. Pretty much like the pic above but a road racer so you'd have to find a suitable interior.

• Like 2

Just now, BlrwestSiR said:

If you don't mind small scale, Accurate Miniatures did a 1/24 Grand Sport Corvette model. Pretty much like the pic above but a road racer so you'd have to find a suitable interior.

Haha, funny , you mention that Carl, I have 3 of those kits, one almost finished, I was actually thinking , I wonder if I could cross dress it ( oops can we say that?? :lol: ) with the Revell '67 coupe or roadster kit? I should give that a try as it will be as close as I will ever get to one... real or otherwise...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Haha, funny , you mention that Carl, I have 3 of those kits, one almost finished, I was actually thinking , I wonder if I could cross dress it ( oops can we say that?? :lol: ) with the Revell '67 coupe or roadster kit? I should give that a try as it will be as close as I will ever get to one... real or otherwise...

Wow, 3 of them. You're as bad as me with Spitfires. I had one and I think I lost it in a move. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 years in Edmonton generates some serious not so stainless steel:)

I’m contemplating powder coating them, but then , this turd is going to be babied from now on and properly polished stainless looks sick. 
this is about three ours with power tools and an acid wash. 

IMG_2871.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

• Like 2