The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Looks like an early C-4 under the cover behind and a C4 ZR1 on the other lift......

Yea, they guy he works for collects them.   One is probably this one with 28,000 miles on it. 
IMG_6070.thumb.jpeg.be43173a48cefdfc03cd5700c6125caa.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Yea, they guy he works for collects them.   One is probably this one with 28,000 miles on it. 
IMG_6070.thumb.jpeg.be43173a48cefdfc03cd5700c6125caa.jpeg

That one looks like a ‘91 or 92. My ‘93 has 38,000 miles

IMG_1680.jpeg

• Like 4

I’m mostly a ford guy like Ernie, but two “off the wall” corvettes stand out that I’d love to own.  First is the ‘78 pace car in black and silver.  Second one is this 1981 in a very un-sporty, but elegant color combination.  
https://inyourgarage.com/listings/1981-chevrolet-corvette-one-owner-54k-original-miles/

Love to have one bone stock appearing with a very mildly built LS swap and modern trans with a 3:55 or 3:73 rear gearing. 

• Like 3

I also like the Pace Car edition and the 81 and 82 had nice lines but like you say, Scott it really needs new power. The stock low power low torque and suspect ‘fuel injection’ system was not Corvette’s finest hour. I do like my LT1 altho not like the ‘71 LT1 and the LS in my 03 is really strong and ‘they’ say bullet proof

Jeff

• Like 2

So the rear is more /less done, diff cover will go on with the oil change. 
I received the Moog sway bar link kit, this so-call "kit" was containing one link.  Way to confuse the hell out customer. So I ordered a second one and with the time to spare, painted the first one…. Don’t ask :)

then I dropped this turd on the ground to adjust the centre of the rear axle and evaluate. 

....need those new 19x10 wheels pronto!

IMG_3240.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3245.jpeg

• Like 3

Not a fun day for me.  Dropped off the wife’s Honda Pilot off for the 100,000 mile service. 

timing belt/water pump/tensioner

spark plugs

flush brake fluid

trans fluid change

valve adjustment

all for the low, low price of $3500. But wait!  There’s more!!  The damned tensioner bolt broke off in the block as the tech was removing it.  Said they would eat the first two hours of labor but anymore than that it’s on us. 

And the icing on the poo cake?  The AC compressor died on the Mustang today on the way home from the wife’s drs appointment. 
I’m afraid to start my truck up now. 

• Sad 5

9 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Not a fun day for me.  Dropped off the wife’s Honda Pilot off for the 100,000 mile service. 

timing belt/water pump/tensioner

spark plugs

flush brake fluid

trans fluid change

valve adjustment

all for the low, low price of $3500. But wait!  There’s more!!  The damned tensioner bolt broke off in the block as the tech was removing it.  Said they would eat the first two hours of labor but anymore than that it’s on us. 

And the icing on the poo cake?  The AC compressor died on the Mustang today on the way home from the wife’s drs appointment. 
I’m afraid to start my truck up now. 

Yikes! When it rains, it pours. 

You made me double check if our Honda Element has a chain or belt as we're at 233,000 kms. It's a chain so a bit less worrying. 

Here's hoping the truck starts okay. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Holy Smoking' Jozef, what is the resale value of that Pilot? That is quite a poop storm you're going through. Sorry to hear that.

LOL!  Wife wanted to skip the servicing and trade it in on a new Pilot.  Now she’s really pissed I didn’t go along with her scheme.  She actually has them giving us a trade in value quote with all the work done.  I don’t know, we still might be driving a new Pilot by the end of the day.  

UPDATE: Cars done.  No extra charge on the bolt removal and she brought home the same car. No new Pilot for now. 

Mustang goes in the shop Tuesday morning for AC repairs. 

• Like 3

No pics but drying to work this morning there was a Kia Rondo on the shoulder of the highway. Some smoke was coming out from under the hood as I passed. Looking in the rearview mirror, the car went up in flames. Thankfully the occupants were out and a tow truck was behind it already when it happened

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Car B Q

Yup. It's been a long time since I've seen a car on fire on the side of the road. Kia and Hyundai had a huge recall over engine fire concerns. Guess they missed this one. 

• Like 2

So I just replaced the second sway bar link and noticed that my front control arm bracket bolt was 2,3 threads loose. The bracket itself was basically held in place by only one bolt. Scary. 
oh and as the new batch of snow  almost melted away , my car cover arrived. 
with a shark fin….. :)

IMG_3267.jpeg

• Like 5

On 4/15/2024 at 10:45 PM, Martinnfb said:

Holy Smoking' Jozef, what is the resale value of that Pilot? That is quite a poop storm you're going through. Sorry to hear that.

They told her $21,000 on trade it.  If they said $24,000, she said she would have drove home the new one. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

They told her $21,000 on trade it.  If they said $24,000, she said she would have drove home the new one. 

About 2  1/2 years ago, my mom bought out the lease on her 2018 Civic. She paid the dealer $12k. This time last year when she realized she wasn't driving it she had me take it to the dealer and see what they would give her for it. They offered $21k so needless to say, she took it. 

My mom does miss it though. She liked how much sportier it was than the CR-V she has now. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...