Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

7 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Time for something else to clutter the bench. 

I wonder, if the Whirlwind got some Godzilla legs as UC or some catio parts added :D. How do you keep track of all your started builds, Carl?

Cheers Rob

• Haha 7

47 minutes ago, DocRob said:

I wonder, if the Whirlwind got some Godzilla legs as UC or some catio parts added :D. How do you keep track of all your started builds, Carl?

Cheers Rob

Just for a giggle Carl, count up how many “in progress” builds……..if I remember when we did the Get Wet GB you had a very nice Vosper MTB…….

• Haha 3

temp-Image-Xyf-Ci-B.avif

TBH I'm a fellow sufferer of Squirrel Syndrome ....Takom Chieftain , the Lightning from the Twins GB , a 1/32 Typhoon from some TOP GB, plus a host of stuff bought in wild enthusiasm/on the cheap for an idea/project that I'll probably sell on again in 18 months. Thats before we get sidetracked by cars or motorbikes ...

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

To be honest, I think it's sometimes pure luck. I keep a bunch of plastic tubs that they package produce in and they're handy for keeping parts together.  The different coloured plastic also helps. 

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Just for a giggle Carl, count up how many “in progress” builds……..if I remember when we did the Get Wet GB you had a very nice Vosper MTB…….

Probably about 1/3 of my stash is started in some way. Makes for terrible re-sale potential, but that's not what I buy kits.

I still have the Vosper to get back to. 

1 hour ago, PanzerWomble said:

temp-Image-Xyf-Ci-B.avif

plus a host of stuff bought in wild enthusiasm/on the cheap for an idea/project that I'll probably sell on again in 18 months. Thats before we get sidetracked by cars or motorbikes ...

That sums up a large part of my stash as well. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I currently have five kits that I have started that are in limbo at the moment....

Two only need painting, so not to bad. Others, like the Amusing hobby

Fv4005 still need minor work...then painting....I just lost interest in that one.

I recently started A Tamiya M8 greyhound that I need to get back to...Not

much needed on that one. Carl, I admire your ability to keep so many

projects going....very impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2024 at 2:52 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

"He's got legs, and knows how to use them!"...

Apologies to any ZZ Top fans. :lol:

Legs are now on Godzilla.

I remember vividly the Eliminator album coming out. The line in Legs about 'She's got hair, down to her fanny' caused much amusement amongst myself and my immature group of young teenage friends as fanny is slang for something rather different in the UK.

• Haha 4