The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

German aircraft radar

harv

Harv, do you really want resin parts that fragile?

The Revell He-219 A-0/A-2 comes with two different antenna configurations (either step 70 or step 71 in the instructions):

uhu-radar.jpg

I would think the ones that come out straight might be better on the Horten (too close to the intakes otherwise?). If you want them, you know what to do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Harv, do you really want resin parts that fragile?

The Revell He-219 A-0/A-2 comes with two different antenna configurations (either step 70 or step 71 in the instructions):

uhu-radar.jpg

I would think the ones that come out straight might be better on the Horten (too close to the intakes otherwise?). If you want them, you know what to do.

I think the outward arms be better. Small nose and the engines are buried deep. But seems all the sets don't include the arms......harv

Ok, I checked the BF110D nachtjäger kit. I don't need the radar antennae for the G-4 so you can have those if you want. Only thing is the arms are really square. I think they might look out of place on the Ho229.

IMG_20190225_161704-L.jpg

The other thing I dug up is the radar from the Revell FW190 A-8/R11kit. The arms are at least round. There's two of these sprues and I'm planning to build it as a day fighter so won't need them either. They're supposed to be mounted on the wings but should be adaptable for mounting to the nose of the Ho229.

IMG_20190225_161739-L.jpg

Let me know if either set works for you. 

Carl

• Like 2

I think your right Carl. Might be more trouble than what there worth. Martin, I must have read directions wrong. It does seem they are included.I think I'll just bite the bullet an order it off Ebay......Harv

I would take Carl up on the Fw190 Yagi antlers... And put them out on the wings.

IMG_20190226_073615.jpg.4a28163b2d2d0f82ee162a1afff948d2.jpg

Realistically (and I say this tongue-in-cheek, because after all it's a what-if anyway), there would be precious little room in the nose of the Horton for the electronics is it stands. Or, for a cleaner look, a FuG 217 Neptune array...

IMG_20190226_073502.jpg.378cc8f96cd0b56251814cc27375b0ed.jpg

S

• Like 3