The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

A good day fishing...

SapperSix

These pictures were taken around midnight at the Kenai Peninsula on the Russian river a couple hours south of my home.  A couple more runs will be done over the next few weeks. I had to come home and adult for a bit.  I love summer in AK.... 

64238024-423738971808116-628690461456649

64297597-423739155141431-292524017161810

64413593-423739191808094-718111019993399

64468122-423739141808099-720746326456375

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Looks fabulous........I’d never sleep.....

You get used to it.  But it does sneak up on you.  You look out the window and think 9PM...then look at your watch and realize its 2AM.  I often am cutting the lawn a 10PM.  Coffee is king in AK.

3 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Nice Pics, Frank!   Alaska is such a fantastic place.  I would love to vacation there every year.

I will be here a few more years. 

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Frank................ Alaska is Paradise !!!

There is nothing like it.  Even during the winter.  Although, those winter "days".....good modeling season.

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Absolutely stunning scenery Frank.

I have literally traveled the world.  And there are many beautiful places.  Its my humble opinion that Alaska, Canada and place like it are the most beautiful because you can walk right off the grid.  Truly the last frontier.  When I take people out and they realize their cell phone is useless, it sets them back.  Having been through Canada I can say there is much to see there. 

• Like 2

I live in southern BC and Cathy and have been to Alaska 5 times, but only in the summer and fall.............. I have a real good buddy who lives in Wasilla, nice small town..........there are days when I have to deal with bitchy parents, snotty sales staff and IDIOTS on the highway, a small wood heated cabin off grid with a good moose stew on the stove, and a god book or a model would suit me JUST FINE !!!  Cathy and I can't wait to get back, we are planning a driving trip next time with the new truck, we just have to wait until our 'situation' changes................... so until then keep Alaskan Amber and their Winter cold, as I will be there to sup it up !!!  ( Best beer in the world ) !!

• Like 3

Jeff,

I live in Wasilla near the western most side of Bald Mountain.  Let me know when your are in bound.  I will fire up the grill and put the Amber, White and Winter in the snow....Right next to some fine scotch.

I take moose sticks to all my training fun....

-Frank

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SapperSix said:

Jeff,

I live in Wasilla near the western most side of Bald Mountain.  Let me know when your are in bound.  I will fire up the grill and put the Amber, White and Winter in the snow....Right next to some fine scotch.

I take moose sticks to all my training fun....

-Frank

Frank you're killing me...................... I'd  LOVE that !! Oh yeah, the winter with the spruce tips..............all not available here in BC , but we are not far from the Washington border and when we go down for our '48' hours, I make damn sure I bring back my quota of Alaskan and nothing like a salmon done on the grill and a Smoked Porter..................

• Like 3

On my last day of fishing in Alaska not only was I treated to the sites and sound of a rushing river, but also a family of bald eagles teaching their young to fish.  And as the fish were being cleaned, the orange eggs were tossed into the water where we could watch other fish (not salmon) come and snatch them right by our waders.

...if there's any place to go where you can feel close to mother nature...  it's there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

On my last day of fishing in Alaska not only was I treated to the sites and sound of a rushing river, but also a family of bald eagles teaching their young to fish.  And as the fish were being cleaned, the orange eggs were tossed into the water where we could watch other fish (not salmon) come and snatch them right by our waders.

...if there's any place to go where you can feel close to mother nature...  it's there.

AND there is something there that keeps calling one back.......................

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeff said:

Frank you're killing me...................... I'd  LOVE that !! Oh yeah, the winter with the spruce tips..............all not available here in BC , but we are not far from the Washington border and when we go down for our '48' hours, I make damn sure I bring back my quota of Alaskan and nothing like a salmon done on the grill and a Smoked Porter..................

We often stay the night on the river edge, bring seasoning and eat some of our catch that night and fish some more.  We put some salmon in various citrus and herb bags and let the acid cook it for finger food while fishing.  Moose sticks and some fine beer.  And then there is my fine friends.  I have been really blessed to have a very good circle of humans.  Many of us have deployed together and have been with each other in memorable situations.  We all take turns on bear watch and never have to worry about the other not being savvy....We jump out of planes together, fish together and truly enjoy each others company.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GazzaS said:

You are not joking Gaz.  Very true words.  Often I sit an listen for hours on end to nature.....no cell phone coverage....hundreds of miles from anywhere.  I have walked for days and not seen another human out here.  And the night sky...I happen to have a couple of eagles in our neighborhood, lynx as well but have only seen the foot prints, moose almost everyday.  Often we fish well to close to the wild life.  But there is a silent truce.  I have never seen an attack of any kind, its well understood we are all here to eat.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SapperSix said:

We often stay the night on the river edge, bring seasoning and eat some of our catch that night and fish some more.  We put some salmon in various citrus and herb bags and let the acid cook it for finger food while fishing.  Moose sticks and some fine beer.  And then there is my fine friends.  I have been really blessed to have a very good circle of humans.  Many of us have deployed together and have been with each other in memorable situations.  We all take turns on bear watch and never have to worry about the other not being savvy....We jump out of planes together, fish together and truly enjoy each others company.

You're living my dream , Buddy.....yes Alaskans are a very different breed, as far as friendliness.....somewhat like the folks in the flat prairies, all seem to watch out for each other unlike in other places I could name.... the tranquil beauty of the "Final Frontier' is breath taking, it's a place where a man can be a man and it seems common sense is the general rule where as other places that does not exist, and those two things, and the 'something' that keeps calling makes it a special place. As a matter of fact I have an old VERY large wall map of Alaska framed on our wall here at home, very old and very detailed..... I look at it every day....... so cool......