Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SapperSix

  1. Ernie, This a real possibility for me. In fact its more than likely. Please put me down as officer in charge of whiskey....
  2. As many of you know the long days in the north mean work to repair and prepare for winter. I spent a few days coating the drive way as it had been a few years. It needed a bit of attention as winter has a way with asphalt. Planting flower with and for the wife took a good bit of time. Daughters birthday party, soccer games......There is much to fit in a short summer. And in all of that there is work. One of the guys on water rescue duty caught us at work. Here we are during a "Night" jump. Retirement is just around the corner and life is in the middle of many transitions. Only just today am I back at the work bench. Looking at my plastic....I have missed the calm of my work bench. I figured I would change my work space. I now have twice the work space but twice the mess as I got rid of old and broken storage. So right now its all on the desk tops, separated more or less by project. I will have computer access and so much more at my finger tips. New storage and organizational shelf's on the way. I am also building some with the massive Lego collection I have. New lights and LED's. Soon I will have a the largest, most organized work area I have ever had. I am very excited. As retirement looms, modeling time will increase. Well, enough of that. Updates to be posted in the coming days. I hope you all are doing well.
  3. Gaz...You are the man, no matter what you drink. I surely appreciate all your help and humor. Luckily, I never had to go back to "The PTA" after my first run.
  4. Danny, Excellent build. Really looking forward to the rest!! -Sapper
  5. Ron, Thank you VERY much for this. I am looking forward to your build log. You can bet I will be using this information to build my many future kits. -Sapper
  6. Happy birthday dude! Here is to another rotation around the sun and some fine plastic...and booze.....and fast cars....... .
  7. I really enjoyed the Eduard AM for the seats. The only thing I didn't like was that the belts were colored only on one side. So flipping them around required a little extra work. Maybe the Brassen is different?
  8. Thank you for the review there Ernie. IT definitely looks like a kit that HAS to be in the stash. I am going to do a bit of looking around and see what AM is out there. I haven't really looked in to this kit until I saw it in the front seat of the car you were driving .
  9. HAHAHAH!! Perfect...What an amazing confluence of signage.
  10. Gaz, I still have my operation maps from that Hawaiian hell mountain. I never thought I could be in Hawaii, freezing to death with Volcanic ash making everything less comfortable. Seeing the beaches from altitude was a real moral killer.....We helo'd in from the airport and right back after the operation. No fun for us...
  11. Gaz, I am not sue I could be friends with anyone after that. That is the most sacrilegious thing I have ever heard. In fact that makes me question all of human existence....Such a sad thing...Coke and Glen. It boggles the mind.
  12. Such torture.....I am going to have to buy one now. I blame my impending divorce on you guys....ALL of you!
  13. I remember buying those little kits at the community store for a couple bucks, hand painting and done in a day or two. Now look at us...
  14. Well Harv, I am very honored to be your motivation. I have rarely been a good example. I hope you wont be cursing me if she starts fighting you. Above all I hope you enjoy her. See you at the work bench...
  15. John you are truly a machine. I am enjoying the build and the history lesson. Thanks man....
  16. I am really looking forward to this Harv. Please send some detailed pictures when you have the time. I will be at my workbench all day today.....
  17. Jeff, I am a member of all kinds of space oriented pages and such. I dont remember.
  18. https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/?fbclid=IwAR0xrLyClfIBV5sQ4Te4povkmHgi2-pMw7fDkJNfZCd_meRuOb0u0MVqnUI
  19. Damn man....you get it on man. I have to level out and maintain these days. I have to remember your Canadian side probably gives you a massive edge!
  20. I know some boys back a FT Bragg...... They make a heavenly Peach.
  21. Gaz, Bubble stabbing has been working. But I will tell you there are some really small bubbles in there. So what is different from my last efforts? The most obvious is I went to the Micro Set and Sol solutions because previous attempts on the underside had shown SolvaSet as to hot with the current awesome decals. I went back to solvaset and things have simmered down a bit I just use very little on a hobby brush, rather than the supplied brush. It is possible I soaked a few in the wrong solution....*buurp*
  22. Its got me by the balls Jeff.......
  23. You are not joking Gaz. Very true words. Often I sit an listen for hours on end to nature.....no cell phone coverage....hundreds of miles from anywhere. I have walked for days and not seen another human out here. And the night sky...I happen to have a couple of eagles in our neighborhood, lynx as well but have only seen the foot prints, moose almost everyday. Often we fish well to close to the wild life. But there is a silent truce. I have never seen an attack of any kind, its well understood we are all here to eat.
  • Create New...