The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Poke a little fun/ My new Theme song

Jeff

This, I have decided is MY new theme song, maybe too much information for some of you guys, BUT I am sure ONE or two of you may relate to this, AND in this turbulent world of today, I CAN poke a little fun at MYSELF! So enjoy my new theme song boys, and have a chuckle........

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I hear you guys, and yeah Rob your song is a tie with the one I posted....... maybe "scaringly creepy', but sad to say I think it is reality for some of us :rolleyes:, and if we can't poke a little fun at ourselves, well....  you know...:huh:  maybe there is a better song out there....  and YES your tune and what you say is TRUE.....;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

That's a hoot Jeff. Good to see Dusty Hill from ZZ Top is still working too!!

Thanks GM! I was hoping the guys might find a little humor in it and have a bit of a chuckle, SO gad you found it that way! Scary as it is, I'm afraid it does tell some truths, tongue in cheek as it were  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I don't know that I ever looked that great naked to begin with...

As far as the second song, I am popular with people because I help them save by giving them a fuck off every chance I get.

:rofl:

• Like 3

• Administrators

Many years ago, I had a girlfriend who, totally unexpectedly, broke up with me. (The nerve of her!)

But I gave her a theme song, too.  I’d play it LOUD on my car stereo every time I saw her around town.

In Canada, we had a rock band called Trooper. They recorded a great song called “A Three Dressed Up as a Nine".

That song just seemed to fit perfectly.  And we had a LOT of great bands that were huge up here but never seemed to catch on down here.  Trooper was pretty cool then. Trying to learn all the guitar riffs that today seem so simple...

:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

THAT'S an awesome story Ernie............... I bet this thread could expand to MANY theme songs and great stories.........................  anyone?? Let's see where this can go?  :rolleyes:  AND trooper is still around, too............they play at some smaller venues these days, so everyone can enjoy them...

• Like 1

Well, speaking of Canadians...

This would be my theme song. After Army, Dad was a Carpenter. Despite my best attempts, I never quite measured up to his standards. I still have some of his tools that I use here from after he passed; and if you listen real closely I reckon you can still hear his teeth grinding from way up on high, inbetween strikes on the head of a nail as I choke his favourite Hammer!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Jeff said:

THAT'S an awesome story Ernie............... I bet this thread could expand to MANY theme songs and great stories.........................  anyone?? Let's see where this can go?  :rolleyes:  AND trooper is still around, too............they play at some smaller venues these days, so everyone can enjoy them...

I expected that might be still around, Jeff. They were THE band in Canada for awhile and had a string of hits in the 70s. They were pretty hardcore rock and roll back then, although they seem tame these days.  The music wears well, though.

Some other favorites of mine back then were Doug and the Slugs, Chilliwack, and heck, even old Stompin' Tom Connors if I got REALLY liquored up.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

:wacko:

Trooper played at my niece's graduation in Langley BC a few years ago... that's where they were hanging out... kind of cool, they have even been here to my little town, a number of years ago... I thought that was cool...

• Like 1