Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Where did Trumpeter go?????

CrankyCrafstman

Oh, and I believe the Chinese New Year might still be in effect, and many Chinese businesses close up for that holiday. Might be using the time to revamp the web site but I hope they don't ditch it in favor of being Facebook only as I am never signing up for that crap.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Oh, and I believe the Chinese New Year might still be in effect, and many Chinese businesses close up for that holiday. Might be using the time to revamp the web site but I hope they don't ditch it in favor of being Facebook only as I am never signing up for that crap.

Like wise

• Like 2

20 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Not sure how a flu virus can affect a web site.

If their production or distribution is affected by the Coronavirus, the website may have been shut to limit the spread of not only a virus, but information as well. This often happens in an authoritarian regime. 

Facebook pages will stay up, as it's an independently-run hosting site, but if there's no one in the Trumpeter or Hobby Boss office to fix a glitch, it will stay unfixed.

S

• Like 2

21 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Not sure how a flu virus can affect a web site.

Anyway, their Facebook page is still up.

I've a number of friends in China and they are all being forced to work from home and I know a few of their companies have pulled the plug on their external servers during the closedown. I think the extended restrictions for the New Year ended last weekend so in theory people should be back but it seems to be pretty close to house arrest in many areas.

I'll agree on FB as well as Zuckerberg ain't getting my custom.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

The problem I have with that theory is that I can access several other Chinese sites. Why shut off Trumpeter but not the others if you're trying to stem the flow of information?

Trumpeter may have an employee with the virus. Dragon may not. 

The memes have started already...

IMG_20200212_085213.thumb.jpg.18a9db29aa2636dfcfe4977151e41779.jpg

Hysterics could be just one reason. There's enough Trumpeter-bashing in the Hobby, without the usual suspects telling us they caught Coronavirus from one of their kits. Better to just shut the site down for a month.

• Like 1