Jump to content
EVERYTHING UKRAINE GROUP BUILD IS NOW UNDERWAY.

Ha-1112 K1L Tripala ‘Der Stern von Afrika’


JeroenPeters
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

Now to pick the right colour.

The instructions call for all over ‘barrack grey’. In other words: mouse grey.

no idea what to go by at this moment...

HI  Jeroen, these are some colour pics of the barrack grey and mouse grey 

17.jpg

 Screenshot-1706.png

RLM 63 is a good match 

hope it helps, cheers 

ak00000rc270.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Had a lot of trouble getting the primer right. Tried several. AK, Mig, Alclad etc... mixed them with several thinners. Then tried 3 different airbrushes. Iwata, Colani and Tamiya. When i found the right combination i got this far. More tomorrow...

E612808E-659D-4291-B530-C556ABB3A2C8.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes it's a pain with these routine jobs. How often have I said to my wife 'coming in half an hour, just one coat of primer, varnish,... and bust. Something clogs, something mixes not correctly, blotches, dust, I can feel your dread.
Primer-wise that is the main reason for my deep addiction with Tamiya rattle can primer, which never let me down, only that there seems to be no way anymore to get the stuff to my tiny island, bummer.

Tomorrow is another day and your Stern von Afrika will shine.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Primer-wise that is the main reason for my deep addiction with Tamiya rattle can primer, which never let me down, only that there seems to be no way anymore to get the stuff to my tiny island, bummer.

Rob, Tamiya primer is available in jars. It comes in the same jar as their cement. You can get white and grey.  Maybe that would be easier to get to your island?

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/finishing/liquid-surface-primer-40ml/

It needs to be thinned down to spray through an airbrush. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Sometimes it's a pain with these routine jobs. How often have I said to my wife 'coming in half an hour, just one coat of primer, varnish,... and bust. Something clogs, something mixes not correctly, blotches, dust, I can feel your dread.
Primer-wise that is the main reason for my deep addiction with Tamiya rattle can primer, which never let me down, only that there seems to be no way anymore to get the stuff to my tiny island, bummer.

Tomorrow is another day and your Stern von Afrika will shine.

Cheers Rob

I’m glad i’m not alone! So often my wife asks: how long will you be? I have supper on the stove. About 15 minutes is my steady reply. 
By now she knows better...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Did a test on a spare part. Rlm63 is a bit too dark and green for my taste. Found the AK paint doesnt mix too well with gunze. So ordered a whole batch of AK Rlm colours to get the rlm63 a bit greyer and lighter.

11915E18-1F57-42B1-BE9A-18A83C3AB949.jpegDAA04AA4-A800-4219-AA84-C7812280BBA6.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

Found the AK paint doesnt mix too well with gunze

If you mean, mixing AK's with Gunze leveling thinner it's a sometimes yes, sometimes no thing. If it's a 'no' Colour, then you have a lot to clean. For using leveling thinner with Acrylics, I started to make a test, mixing the ingredients on a plastic sheet and wait for some minutes. Generally, Tamiya's Acrylics mix well with leveling thinner, AK is soso, and Vallejo Air is a no go in my tries.
Normally I use Tamiya X20 for thinning AK Colours.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...