The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ha-1112 K1L Tripala ‘Der Stern von Afrika’

• Administrators

Disaster...

again problems with my primer. This was the last time. Mig one shot. Well, i wont give it another shot!! Simply Touching this primer will cause it to give. I will never use it again. Besides: i should have known better since i had the same problems with the Buchon and this primer.

71F1445F-5DF6-4553-AF42-53B55D7E1011.jpeg1CA7ECB6-619A-4997-9B94-1D9E979679CC.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know you're building a model and it looks fantastic!  But do you know if the vanes on the wings actually did anything?

I had a short dance with acrylic primer. 

the worst paint lift in my life!

• Like 5

• Administrators
9 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I know you're building a model and it looks fantastic!  But do you know if the vanes on the wings actually did anything?

I had a short dance with acrylic primer. 

the worst paint lift in my life!

I read that the vanes had to do with the underwing rockets. I’ll look it up again.

i only read good reviews about the primer i used, but it’s shit. Probably quite literally too... i found a way to take the masks off safe. Keep them under warm water. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

I read that the vanes had to do with the underwing rockets. I’ll look it up again.

i only read good reviews about the primer i used, but it’s shit. Probably quite literally too... i found a way to take the masks off safe. Keep them under warm water. 

Thanks, Jeroen!

So...  you dip the model into a tub of water and then pull the mask?

• Like 3

• Administrators
11 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Thanks, Jeroen!

So...  you dip the model into a tub of water and then pull the mask?

I keep the mask under a thin stream if warm water. Dont want the water in the model itself.

3FF11ED9-7269-41DF-841C-3D5A66227A6B.jpeg816D0B5F-5D4B-4E5F-ADA0-BB9986324085.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Doing some research in what stencils were on this plane. So far i can only discern the yellow fuel type triangle, handhold stencils, fuselage footstep stencils and NO nicht anfassen markings on the rudder taps. 

The props are interesting. The rear should be anti glare black. The front aluminium. In some photos the rear shows yellow tips. In some they do not.

The instructions tell you that the black dot on the spinner was painted on to create the idea of a cannon. If you look closely you see the tip of the spinner is a little black disc with a screw in the center. Indeed painted black.

896B8D78-4278-45B9-AF75-BE4E298C7BCA.pngBDA892F7-F275-46AB-A29A-E34FAB543277.png1D3E35C5-DCCD-44AD-BD1C-FDC585F28A39.pngB08C7142-BDB5-46D1-A5F7-0D9BAA8829F4.pngD9CF650A-DBA5-4AD2-91DA-766C2B13123E.png47124C96-62B6-4AD9-93FE-1145C84B4AF4.png92F3D9F2-193C-485B-880C-15D3DDF1B92C.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Grant said:

Brilliant work, as always, Jeroen! Looking forward to following this to the end 

(Almost like old times watching your work) 

Grant

Kind words Grant! It’s been too long for us not to chat. Hope you are in good health!

• Like 3

On 7/28/2020 at 6:16 PM, JeroenPeters said:

Kind words Grant! It’s been too long for us not to chat. Hope you are in good health!

Absolutely- way too long.  I’ll give you a call via Messenger if that’s ok and bring you up to speed on what’s what. Speak soon :thumbsup2:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

I love these AK pencils

Have you ever tried them dampened, that is an area, where I like them even more, than in dry use. You can work with them like a multi colored wash, amazing.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Have you ever tried them dampened, that is an area, where I like them even more, than in dry use. You can work with them like a multi colored wash, amazing.

Cheers Rob

Thnx Rob,

works like a charm! Still lots to do..

29205707-FD93-49DC-B07D-3392B0FB8C0A.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...