Jump to content
The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Some more F-16C schemes...


Recommended Posts

Love these, problem for me is that those are all early block Vipers, so I guess you need either the Tamiya F-16C or Thunderbirds kit - Academy?? - and these are very hard to find these days. Correct me if there are alternatives.

Lothar

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
On 6/14/2020 at 9:39 AM, Lothar said:

Love these, problem for me is that those are all early block Vipers, so I guess you need either the Tamiya F-16C or Thunderbirds kit - Academy?? - and these are very hard to find these days. Correct me if there are alternatives.

Lothar

Well, around here the F-16C is easy enough to find, but it’s 100 USD. Plus shipping to Germany and it gets spendy. 

Are they not available from Hannants?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the Tamiya F-16CJ with all the bells and whistles to build a Block 52, but then I guess I still have to take care of the different MLG one way or another. Around here neither the Academy nor the Tamiya F-16C are available anywhere and Ernie is right, shipping from across the big pond would kill any deal. Although, building one of the early ones from this decal sheet is indeed more than tempting ;)

Lothar

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

With all this talk about NSI and MLG, I guess this is Viper talk, a mysterious and often neglected dialect of “non propeller” language, often practiced at Viper worship rituals................is there a book I need to read..........:ph34r::respect:

Don't bother, I didn't understand the Viper dialect either, and even lessons taken at evening schools didn't help me to understand it completely till today.....

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

With all this talk about NSI and MLG, I guess this is Viper talk, a mysterious and often neglected dialect of “non propeller” language, often practiced at Viper worship rituals................is there a book I need to read..........:ph34r::respect:

Any of Jake Melampy's books on the Viper are a great resource. 

3 hours ago, Lothar said:

Don't bother, I didn't understand the Viper dialect either, and even lessons taken at evening schools didn't help me to understand it completely till today.....

I'm still learning myself. I've only learned enough about the versions I plan to build. That gets confusing enough. 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Fix typo
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For giggles and grins I was watching an Academy Block 50/52 kit on eBay last week because of that nice decal and stencil kit I bought.  Auction started out around $50.  It sold for $189.00. :wtf:

I know the kit is out of production, but Academy just brought back the SUFA.  I’m sure they will do the same for the single seat models too. I was going to add #8 to the stash if I could have snagged it for under $90

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

For giggles and grins I was watching an Academy Block 50/52 kit on eBay last week because of that nice decal and stencil kit I bought.  Auction started out around $50.  It sold for $189.00. :wtf:

I know the kit is out of production, but Academy just brought back the SUFA.  I’m sure they will do the same for the single seat models too. I was going to add #8 to the stash if I could have snagged it for under $90

Hannant's just got the F-16I Sufa in - GBP 119, need to sleep a night over it B)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
19 hours ago, Lothar said:

Don't bother, I didn't understand the Viper dialect either, and even lessons taken at evening schools didn't help me to understand it completely till today.....

I’m a dedicated prophead as well, but every now and then a belchfire oil burner needs to be slapped together just to keep one’s head clear.  

Whats not to love about 18 gazillion microscopic stencils, building, painting and decalling 60 of the same bomb, putting on all the exact blades, antennas, rivet pattern around the relief tube exhaust, and removing ejector pin marks from inside the big white sucker scoop.... lest you get yelled at and made sport of by the Brotherhood of the Blowtorch.

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got a fantastic deal from aderowlands - brandnew F-16CJ with all the serious bells and whistles to build a block 52+ and I've ordered CFTs and decals for a Polish viper from Big H, that will make up for not being able to build a -C B)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That might have been me. I've got several Tiger Meet schemes for Vipers. So far have the tail for the Polish one done. 

IMG_20180724_145811-L.jpg

Fantastic work :notworthy:, makes waiting for my stuff very difficult and gives me itching fingers....

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...